30 | checkmate

SHELLEY GODFREY HAD BEEN IN THE INSTITUTE FOR NEARLY TWO WEEKS NOW

SHELLEY GODFREY HAD BEEN IN THE INSTITUTE FOR NEARLY TWO WEEKS NOW. With her wounds healed, Roman had assembled team of doctors for her physical and emotional therapy. Much to the disdain of Pryce, Roman had demoted him from Shelley's primary doctor. No more was his sister the experiment of the mad scientist and their mother could do nothing to stop it, otherwise Roman would kick her out of the mansion again.

However, that didn't stop Olivia Godfrey from showing up to visit Shelley in the hospital everyday, which is where Roman was, spending time with his sister and keeping Olivia in line.

Carmen had "granted" her a free Friday as Rory's Eighth Sacrament was to be held the following Friday at the rebuilt Castle Godfrey; being the new Foundation's center, it was officially deemed El Puerto, the harbor of celestials.

Of course Rory was on high-alert for what the night had in store, but as far as she knew, the ceremony consisted of a typical Mass and ending with a priest anointing her with the spirit of sanctus ignis. Seemed like any normal Catholic ritual.

Not in any mood to associate with the woman, Rory had elected to stay home with Solara on her day off. Rory spent some time at the Reyes manor garden, hosting a little picnic for her and her daughter in the cool autumn afternoon.

When she returned home, she finally had the chance to sort through the files she had gotten from Carmen's computer while Solara napped.

Nothing seemed too out of the ordinary. Most files pertained to normal business administration. A bunch of building plans, data logs, company audits, flight arrangements. Communiques with various figures of authority Rory was surprised to come across. 

The Phoenix file had to be the most confusing. The oddest part was the inconsistent language, shifting from English, Spanish, French, and Latin. It was purposely senseless, and what she managed to string together was hardly logical.

file: Phoenix.dox

contract
client: The Reyes Foundation, Godfrey Industries
location: HEMLOCK GROVE, PENNSYLVANIA, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ADDRESS
.
.
.
final inspection: [OVERRIDE—proceed]
initial claim: 3 months prior to purchase, sold to Dr. Carmen Reyes

1 ...10
.
[data logs and other business contracts]
.
.
7 wonders

i. redeo mortuorum

ii. miraculum a conceptu