Chapter 021: That Long Ago?

================================
Chapter 021: That Long Ago?
================================

Rex was utterly confused but he still got the point of the surprise of the message. And that's what he didn't quite get.

"See me at the gathering?"

"Yeah."

"The Conclave, you mean?"

"Yep. The Conclave."

Rex was in a loss for words. Is this for real?

"They didn't say too much but it turns out that few of our members are actually 'achievers' as well. I myself was surprised to learn when we met earlier. They all each had to go out on the exact same day. So when we inquired further, we found that we were all invited."

"No way..." —is this just a coincidence?

Is it really a coincidence that the Asgardians are all achievers invited into the Conclave?

"Now, now... don't lift your guns yet. I'm not done speaking." Matt cleared his throat and he asked in a playful manner, "Take a guess who sent all those invitations to our members?"

"I'm too lazy to think (because I can't). Who?"

"Hehe. It's Tony." Matt chuckled, "It turns out, his dad was one of the organizers this year and so he took the chance to arrange an eyeball for all of the Asgardians to gather and finally meet each other."

Rex blinked in surprise then erupted in laughter.

"Heh. Why am I not too surprised?"

"Yeah, right? And do you know his reason why he used his own authority to make this exception?"

Rex was intrigued. Matt followed, "Tony said it was because he's so sick of political meetings that have no real sense of camaraderie at all so he wanted to meet the guys and hang out with them... truly."

Rex felt laughing. Thinking about the President of the UNICORN's son being their friend is really a large boon —and also a bane, because his identity is a very sensitive matter.

Thinking about this point, Rex realized something and stayed silent. He couldn't help thinking deeply of this point.

how did he get their addresses?

There are so many possibilities to answer this very question and thinking about it imbalances his mind and the clearance allowed to pressure his neural faculties quickly closed at which Cortana had to do something to stop Rex from wasting too much of his mental resources.

[Boss, you need to relax your mind. You can't use too much mental energy to think too many things.]

Have I?

Rex felt a pang of pain on his head and realized his mistake but at the next moment, Matt suddenly squealed and stared at him with wide eyes.

no!

Matt wasn't looking at his face. He was looking at his forehead.

"What is it?" Rex touched his forehead but only felt skin to the touch, nothing more.

"What the fuck is that thing!?"
"That thing? What thing?"
"In your forehead, man! That's a fucking eye! It's a golden fucking eye dude!"
"...!!"

damn! Could it be?

Rex jumped up and ran to the body mirror in the sala and true enough, on his forehead, there was indeed a golden eye tattoo shining brightly as if it was indeed an eye.