Chapter 062: The Curious Case of Joana Cruz (2)

================================
Chapter 062:
The Curious Case of Joana Cruz (2)
================================

Trina looked at her three friends and all of them had teary eyes but remaining silent. By this time, they already knew that Joana's casual 'don't trust the World Government' words that many negative supporters in the Net are also saying, is actually connected to something big... and they and their families, because they were connected to Joana, might get involved with it.

Trina firmed her resolve and nodded, "Yes."

Ethan and Carl exchanged glances, "Can you tell us what you know. I promise that if it's something sensitive, we will conduct strict confidentiality of your words. Can I count on you on that promise, Branch Chief?"

The branch Chief also wasn't stupid and with this questioning that centered on his employee might also implicate him if he wasn't careful so only the complete confidentiality of this meeting was their only hope in staying safe.

"Yes." He said and turned to the Head of Security who also nodded at him. "I will stake my career at this instant that whatever will be spoken of from the next few moments will remain in these walls and won't be spoken of to outsiders."

Trina heaved a breath and inhaled deep to gather a few ounces of strength.

She looked at her friends and then to Ethan and then to Carl, "At first I didn't take it seriously but just a few days ago... I began to suspect that she might be involved in something big."

"What? What happened a few days ago?" asked Carl who's already frowning with the direction the picture in his head is forming into.

He was already forming worst-case scenario by reflex and then forming contingency plans based on conjectures because that was his job.

"I received the news from Joana's Family that she has been missing for the past week after she had quit her job here. That was a few days ago."

The three girls paled and First even squealed as fear had taken the best of her. Second began to tremble and the red on her lips were drained. As for Third, she clenched her fists as she stared at the place in front of her, to Ethan and Carl.

"So she's been missing until now?" Ethan asked.

"No sir. She's been found." Trina said but before her friends could sigh in relief, she finished, "It was two days after she quit her job, a girl's body was found in Albay indicating she was first raped before being killed in a rural area. It was also just yesterday that the body was identified as Joana Cruz. I just learned of this yesterday as well since Joana's family informed me after flying to Albay."

The three gasped and First slumped on her chair unconscious. It was shocking news. Their friend, Joana, was dead. Even Yna was also in a stupor as she connects a few dots with what she knows and Joana's death.

What more, Albay?

Joana lived in Manila and Albay is 1000+ km all the way to the middle-south of the country! How the hell did she get there within 2 days after she resigned if she wasn't taken there on purpose?

If she was on a vacation, she would have posted a few things on her Fanbook or Tweeter.

(NATGEO Trivia: Albay is where Mount Mayon, world record holder for the most perfect cone-shaped volcano, is located so you might wanna check out Google for more info on that)

Of all of them in here, Trina was the closest to Joana since they were roommates on their flat.

And yet, she was firm. It was an outstanding feat for a civilian to be firm at this moment. Carl also noticed this and asked, "Are you a player?"