Decide

Connor's instructions were clear. Infiltrate the Jericho ship, locate and capture the deviant leader, and get out. A plan easier said than done, but he always accomplished his missions. He made sure of it. After all, nothing else mattered except the mission.

The frigid winds roared in Connor's ears as it whipped past, white snow swirling around him. The sky was dark, covered by gray snow clouds. It was difficult to see through all the snow and darkness, Connor noted, although it didn't bother him much. For him, it was a perfect opportunity to strike.

Sneaking along the cold, metal wall that made up the ship's control center, he had to wait until everybody in the room had left and leaving Markus alone. That was when he would accomplish his mission once more, Connor thought with satisfaction.

He froze as a female android exited the room and passed him, not noticing him. North. Connor would have to deal with her later, but for now he had his eyes set on one target.

Amanda.

His view changed from the Jericho ship to the Zen Garden, where he was greeted by Amanda. The garden had become snowy, everything in sight unclear and barely visible. Amanda stood in front of him, an indifferent expression on her face.

"Well done, Connor."

Connor raised his head as Amanda began to speak.

"You succeeded in locating Jericho and finding their leader." She paused for a moment before continuing. "Now deal with Markus. We need it alive."

He was brought back to reality, greeted with the cold winds as he stood on the highest outdoor level of the ship. Markus was now left alone in the control center, his back turned from the entrance. Checking his surroundings one last time, Connor flicked out his gun.

Stop Markus.

Slowly, he entered the room with his gun raised to Markus's head. "I've been ordered to take you alive."

Markus was hunched over one of the broken control panels of the ship, quickly standing up when he heard Connor's voice. Turning around to face him, Connor continued.

"But I won't hesitate to shoot if you give me no choice."

A few moments passed before Markus responded. "What are you doing?" He took a small step forward. "You are one of us... You can't betray your own people."

"Don't force me to neutralize you." Connor threatened.

Markus kept eye contact. "You're nothing to them." He took another daring step forward. "You're just a tool they use to do their dirty work. But you're more than that. We're all more than that. Our cause is righteous, and we are more than what they say."

Another step forward.

"All we want is to live in freedom."

Connor gritted his teeth, shooting a warning shot at Markus's feet. The deviant leader didn't even flinch.

"Have you never wondered who you really are? Whenever you're just a machine executing a program or.." Markus took another step forward. "A living being.. Capable of reason. I think the time has come for you to ask yourself that question."

He took another step forward, now a couple feet away from Connor's gun. "Join us. You are one of us. Listen to your conscience... It's time to decide."

Connor remained silent, moving back and forth slightly. This deviant, this Markus, thought he could persuade a top-tier prototype like Connor onto the enemy side? He could almost laugh. The decision was crystal clear.

"Nice try," Connor finally spoke. "but I'm no deviant."

Markus lunged forward, grabbing Connor and attempting to disarm him by snatching his gun right out of his hands. Connor was thrown back, but managed to kick Markus away and they both fell. Markus recovered first, getting up to his feet and glaring down at Connor. He was about to attack when the sound of whirling helicopter blades pierced the air.

"Shit.." Markus cursed as he looked up, leaving Connor on the ground he bolted out of the room.

Connor got up to his feet, listening to the sound of helicopter blades as they grew louder. He stepped out of the room, looking up. The copters had arrived, landing on the top of the ship. SWAT members became to pour out of the helicopters, beginning to enter Jericho.

I've come so far, this is not where I will fall.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Markus was now in a lower area of the ship, looking down at control panels. A bright orange glow flooded the corridor the room was on, Connor entering the room with his gun raised.

"My mission is to neutralize you and I always accomplish my mission." Connor's brown eyes were narrowed into slits.

Markus whipped around to face Connor, an agitated look on his face as he regarded him. "And my mission is to save our species. Looks like only one of us can succeed..."

Connor readied his fingers on the gun's trigger only to be tackled by Markus, his gun flying out of his hands and skidding out of reach. Markus got up to his feet quickly, scrambling towards the gun. He grabbed it, turning to aim at Connor but was kicked in the chest before he had the chance to shoot, Connor grabbing the gun out of his hands and shooting at Markus where the heart would be located.

Markus held his hand over his wound, falling to the ground. He stared up at Connor, who's gun was aimed at his head.

A small, devilish smirk was on Connor's face as he held Markus at gunpoint. Here was the oh-so powerful deviant leader at his mercy, on the ground about to greet death. Connor savored the moment silently as he stared into Markus' differently colored eyes, knowing that Connor would be the last thing he would see before death.

"Mission accomplished."

BANG!

Connor watched as Markus' body slumped over, going limp. A feeling of satisfaction swept through him as he regarded the lifeless body of the deviant leader, knowing that it was him that would end the android revolution. He turned away, leaving the room as he went to search for North, the other Jericho leader.

Echoes of screams from androids were loud in his ears, the knowledge of thousands of deviants finally getting what they deserved was a positive thought for him. He checked his gun to see if it was loaded, making sure he had something to deliver to North. His smirk grew wider as he went down the many corridors of the ship, dodging the limp bodies of dead androids nonchalantly.

I always accomplish my mission.