I Miss You

Disclaimer: So the time dates in here are canonically incorrect. I made Gavin a child while androids exist, and that wouldn't work logically. However, because this is literally just something for fun (and I already wrote all the child scenes) I'm not gonna change anything, so if this annoys you I'm sorry lmao. Just don't think about it too much and we'll all be gucci 👌🤠

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Soft weeping was audible from the child trembling on a hospital bed, curled up against himself as he held his knees close to his chest. The child, a brown-haired boy with tannish skin with the name of Gavin Reed, rocked back and forth as he tried to stifle his sobbing. Parts of his skin had been burned, currently being treated to by nurses. They tried to calm him down, but it was no use. They couldn't get him to lay down, and soon they'd give him medication so he'd sedate.

The memories of what happened barely two hours ago replayed in his mind like it was a broken record player, constantly repeating and repeating over and over again. He couldn't get the mental images out of his head, neither could he purge of the sounds.

It had been just an average day before. His family's household android, a HK400 named Edith, had started off their day with breakfast. Edith had seemed somewhat off that morning, as she apparently wasn't listening to Gavin's mother as she gave directions. The android quickly recovered though, immediately hurrying off to accommodate to his mother's requests.

Besides that Gavin, only seven years old at the time, had a perfectly normal morning with a good and healthy meal. He was then dropped off at school, in the middle of the second grade year. He had friends, and people liked to talk to him. He tried his best to be kind, but sometimes he had impulsive behavior. Though, what could you expect from a seven year old?

The rest of the day proceeded out as usual. He went through the school day, got picked up by his stepfather, and was taken home. There Gavin ate a snack prepared by Edith: chocolate-drizzled banana slices. His father had given Edith a directive to go do the laundry, and Gavin swore he could've seen her eye twitch at the command before heading away to complete the task. The boy then had bounded upstairs to his room, going to play with his toys.

He had stayed upstairs for at least an hour, the boy happily content as he entertained himself by building towns out of blocks. It was then when he caught scent of something noxious in the air: smoke.

Everything immediately went to havoc then. The fire alarm downstairs started beeping loudly, Gavin throwing open his door as he quickly hurried to the steps to see the commotion. The whole kitchen had been engulfed with flames, flames roaring and licking at the flammable parts of the house. The boy screamed, the stench of smoke overbearing.

"Mom?!"

He couldn't hear anything over the crackling flames that, to his horror, had slowly begun eating away at the first couple steps. He jumped back, stumbling over himself.

"Dad?!"

No response. He darted back into his bedroom, black smoke had flooded through the door and had also activated the alarm inside his room. The noise was overwhelming, practically screeching in his ears. The boy panicked, feeling thick tearbs beginning to swell up at the corner of his eyes.

He hurried to the window- the only other form of escape he could think of. Going downstairs was out of the question, and he was the closest to his bedroom so this option made the most logical sense to him. His hand fumbled, trying to get ahold of the window lock but to no avail, soon realizing that it had been childproofed.