Chapter two, A Stranger

*14 years earlier*

She was extremely close to giving up, and returning to her fathers house, correction her house and publish all the new discovery's she had made in The Quibbler. Her fans and subscribers must miss her terribly she thought. Not to mention Moony. He had probably ran away by now. One day as she was hiking along a muggle path high up Swedens largest mountain Knebnekaise, she saw someone. She had not met a single human being since Christmas last year. As she/he got closer, she saw that the person had hair to the shoulders, black hair. A hat, and muggle clothes. Then she saw it was definitely a he, he had a hint of a black beard, he was quite tall. She was just about walk by when she saw the very familiar shape of a wooden object in the pocket of his jeans.

A wand. 

"You're a wizard!" She called out, very suddenly and perhaps much too loud.

Because he frowned, and tried to turn around too quickly and stumbled. He fell face on onto a pile of rocks. Luna just stood there and watched with admiration. The young man got to his feet slowly, groaning, scowling at her and examining his broken nose.

"I can fix it if you want, i'm getting quite good at it you know," she said still staring at the dripping blood.

"Really, I guess I'm not the first you-, never mind. I'm Rolf," he said reaching out his hand. Luna reached out her arm too, thinking this was an odd way to greet someone. 

"You're supposed to take my hand and shake it," he said reaching out for her hand.

But she snatched it away. He smiled, apparently amused that she didn't know how to hand shake, but Luna did not notice.

"I am Luna, Luna Lovegood," she said pulling out her wand. "I did Harry's nose the last, Harry Potter you know I am sure you must have heard of him. We were good friends you know," she said.

"Now stand very still, episkey -knack, his nose snapped back in place and he let out a half suffocated scream- there all normal again," she continued.

"Er, thank you. So what brings you up here. I am a naturalist," he said quietly looking at her thoroughly for the first time.

She had waist long, dirty blond/white hair. Blue grey eyes, quite pale but fairly nice skin. Abnormally small hands. But as his gaze dropped further down he stopped, and thought he must be hallucinating, she wasn't wearing any shoes. Or socks. Her pale feet were all dirty and scratched. She looked very young too, early twenties he would guess. What on earth is she doing? And who wouldn't know who Harry Potter was, he was only what the press and magazines had been writing about for the last 20 years. He only got rid of you-know-who a few years ago. I wonder if she went to school with him, probably, harry is about her age is he not. He had not realized how long he had been standing and thinking, but when he finally came back to the real world he saw that she was humming to herself, sitting on the ground with her legs crossed. She did not even look at him when she had asked him:

"You don't happen to have any food do you?" She had asked, looking like she did not even care, and   started pulling out some grass.

She must be starving, he had thought as he pulled out two blueberry muffins, and gave them to her. Luna gobbeled the food up in a few seconds, and lifted her gaze up to him again. Her eyes were so big, like a doe's. He gave her two sandwiches. And he watched her eat in amazement. 

"So you didn't answ-," he started but got interrupted by a 'Shhhh' from Luna.

She had jumped up and started starring at the spot she had been pulling out grass from. He bent over, and stared at the spot. 

"There is nothin-" he got interrupted by a bit angrier "Shhh" this time.

He looked up at her, and she was doing some absurd dancing moves, especially the arms were unexplainable.

'What the hell are you doing', he said.

He was not sure whether he was annoyed, worried or about to laugh. Luna stood there dancing for about, five minutes, or it felt like at least 10. She had a very disapointed look, when she finally sat down and crossed her legs again. 

"I thought I saw it.' You know', she said assuming that he would know exactly what 'it' was, when he did not, she continued. 'The Crumple-horned Snorkack! It is invisible, when people come close to it. My father said that if i danced for it it would show itself, but only if the person was worthy of course. I thought i saw it's eyes,' she said, with a sad tone. 

He did not know what to say. He was a naturalist, so naturally he would know the name of every creature on this planet. But  he had never hear of a Crumple-horned Snortgack, or whatever she said. Maybe she was a naturalist too, since that is what naturalists do, they find new species, and make sure they don't get extinct. But he kept it too himself, she seemed sad enough already. He wondered why it was so important to her, to find that thing. He sat down next to her and pulled out a blanket from his bag. 

..........................................................

The following days, he had agreed to help her find this thing, under the promise that she agreed to wear shoes. They chatted happily together, and he had laughed at how she had eaten roots, grass and plants to survive the past couple of monts.

She had told him of how she had gotten to Sweden on a Thestral, she had dreamt one night that she wanted to travel and that a Thestral had heard her wish and landed in her yard. The next morning when she had gone out to look for it, it was there, waiting for her.

He thought she was remarkably interesting and he liked her more and more for each day that went by. He had told him how his grandfather was the famed Magizoologist and author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Professor Newt Scamander, and that he was one also Headmaster of Hogwarts. And how his great grandmother breeded hippogriffs in her back yard.

Luna had then told him about his dad in a tone that suggested she thought her father was much better, that he was a discoverer of unknowns mysterious creatures and editor of the 'so loved' magazine The Quibbler, and how she had now inherited the whole business.

Rolf then understood, he had herd of Luna's father Xenophilius, he believed in all sorts of made up things, like wrackspurts, blibblering humdings, and of course the Crumple-horned Snorkack.. But all he said was that he would like to see the house sometime, but Luna refused to go back. She was certain that the creature was out there.

Just waiting for the right person to find it.

__________________________________________

Thank you for reading. I hope you liked it so far, and i'll try writing it a bit more exiting in the next chapters. I know these two were a bitt dull. 

I also added the video of Luna and her father dancing from Bill and fleurs wedding, I thought it was well suited for this chapter, don't you think?

xx. Obliviate713