Chapter five, Ollivanders

*Bells ringing*

"Oh, Miss Lovegood. And Mister Scamander. What a pleasure."

"Ahh I see, I see, here to buy wands for your sons. Well I remember you Miss Lovegood, I made to wands for you am I not correct? Fist one was peach tree thirteen inches, quite long, flexible and unicorn core. Second one was elm, 11 inches, flexible with unicorn core from a truly extraordinary mare." "Oh and not to forget you Mister Scamander, 12 inches, oak, phoenix feather, not so flexible. I must admit I was a little unsure about that one, very powerful. Is it still working well for you?"

"Yes, sir. The best wand I could have asked for."

"Good, very good indeed. Now lets see wands for the twins here."

Mister Ollivander went on the back of the shop and wiped the thick layer of dust of a box, and went further deep into the storage. Scraping noises were heard, it sounded like he was dragging a latter over the floor. He coughed. And after a few minutes he came out with about twelve wand boxes.

"Now lets see, 9 inches, elm, with unicorn core."

He handed the wand to Lorcan carefully. Lorcan swished the wand foolishly around and a disqusting green smoke, that smelled of rotten eggs emerged. Ollivander snatched the wand out, and gave it to Lysander. It was pretty much the same with Lysander.

"Oh no, no. Very well. Try this one 13 inches, flexible, oak tree, phoenix feather,"

He handed it again first to Lorcan. The result was disastrous. The desk exploded, and splintered peaces of wood flew everywhere. Rolf made a shield around them and held it there until the peaces of wood were safely on the ground. Ollivander handed the wand slowly to Lysander, like he was almost afraid and Lysander accepted it gently. Oddly enough, Lysander didn't wave with it foolishly. A red fire flower blossomed out of the tip. Lysanders face was- astonished. Ollivander looked truly puzzled.

"How, extraordinary. How one wand is disastrous for his twin, and the ultimate for him. Well, in the wand profession, one learns new things every day. " "Now, lets go with a gentler one for this young fellow. Ah, 10 inches, peach tree, completely unbendable, stallion unicorn core."

He handed it over. It wasn't the one. Neither were the next five wands he tried. But Ollivander thought nothing more of it. Lorcan ended up with, 10 inches, elm tree, and unicorn core. They paid 11 gallions for Lysanders wand and 10 for Lorcan's. The boys were so happy and kept pointing their wands at everything. Lysander had a gift with fire, and held a tiny fireball in his hands as they were walking. Lorcan had made a paper bird, and the bird was floating over his left shoulder.

They split up next and Luna took Lysander to Madam Malikin's to buy robes for both of them, they were identical so both of them didn't have to go. Rolf took Lorcan to buy their books at Flourish and Blotts. When were done they  met up and checked the list again to see what was left:

________________________________________________________________________

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Uniform

First-year students will require:

1. Tree sets of plain work robes (black)              

2. On plain pointed hat (black) for day wear        

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)        

4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings.         

Please note that all pupils' clothing should carry name tags