Chapter 3

Possessor status: Instable. 
Signs of anxious behavior present.

  Michael wasn't sure how much time had passed. He had sat on the ground for what felt like centuries, just crying. Finally he stood up, wiping his face as he leaned on the sink. He splashed some water on his face before picking up his glasses and donning them. He sighed, giving himself a long look in the mirror. 

  This is such a mess. Michael stood back. He turned to leave, opening the door. He looked up to see Jake, the jock that was hosting the party. Jake began to enter the bathroom, stopping when he noticed Michael.

  "You're that gamer nerd, right? What are you doing here?"

  "I..." Michael froze.

  What do I say? Squip!

  It's alright, Michael. Tell him that you were invited by Jeremy.

  "I was invited by Jeremy." Michael tried to avoid eye contact.

  Stay confident. 

  "Really? I didn't think he hung out with people like you anymore."

  People like me... The words hurt Michael. 

  Stay strong. We'll leave once you finish talking with Jake.

  "Well, whatever. Don't screw up my house." Jake shrugged, pushing past Michael and shutting the bathroom door. 

  Michael left the house, returning to his car. He stepped inside, sinking into the driver's seat. 

  "I'm sorry, but is it alright if we wait a bit here?" The Squip appeared in the passenger seat.

  "I guess so. Why?" 

  "Something doesn't feel right. It's hard to explain." 

  "Alright. Let me know if you need something." Michael put on his headphones. 

  "Certainly." The Squip watched the house. 

  Around 20 minutes passed. Michael tapped his finger on his thigh to the beat of his music, watching several party-goers leave for the night. The outside noise had quieted down, indicating the party was coming to a close. 

  "Well? Anything?" Michael turned to his Squip. 

  His Squip didn't reply, instead staring idly out the window. 

  "Squip?"

  Michael's Squip whipped around suddenly. "Michael, we have to hurry! Something dangerous is about to happen if we don't help." 

  "What? What are you talking about?" 

  "It's difficult to explain. Please, trust me. We need to head inside the house."

  Michael stepped out of the car, his Squip appearing behind him. 

  "Please hurry, Michael. The threat is growing." 

  Michael hurried. He ran back inside the house, the Squip running behind him. 

  "There's a room at the end of the hallway you were in before. Go in there!" His Squip called. 

  Michael pushed through the few guests remaining, heading towards the hallway. It was much emptier than before, making it easier for Michael. He blindly followed his Squip's orders and arrived at the door. Turning the handle proved useless, as the door was locked. 

  "Break it down!" The Squip yelled. 

  "What? No way!" Michael protested. 

  "Please, Michael. This is imperative!"