Chapter 2

1st of December, 1960

"Cecilia that was Paul on the line, him and Pete are being deported because they were accused of arson" he laughed.

"George that's not funny!" I smacked his arm.

It had been a couple of weeks since I talked to Paul on the phone and now it set in that he was coming back. That meant going on a date with him. What did I get myself into?! I can be so bloody stupid sometimes and not even realize it. Paul was cute and all but I didn't really know if I fancied him or not. I couldn't get George off my mind.

"Earth to Cilia come in Cilia" George waved a hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry I was spacing out."

"I could tell. Paul said they'd be back maybe tomorrow or the day after" he explained.

"Oh nice" I smiled.

"Yeah! You and Paul still going to go on a date?" He wiggled his bushy eyebrows.

"I don't know. I feel weird about the whole thing... he's your band mate and you're my best friend. It's a weird situation" I shrugged.

George shrugged as well and sat down at his kitchen table. He explained that it in fact wasn't weird and said that he was completely fine with it as long as I was. I wasn't sure if I was fine with it. I was always dodgy about these things but this felt especially wrong to me.

"Cilia if you don't wanna go on a date with him just tell him" George shook his head.

"I wanna go on a date with him. But you know how I get dodgy and flake whenever it comes to dates" I laughed nervously.

"Yeah, why is that" he raised an eyebrow.

Because I fancy you, I thought.

"I'm not really sure" I sighed and sat down across from him.

"You're so odd Cecilia" he shook his head and smiled.

I rolled my eyes.

"I say just go on the date with him and if you don't like him after that then, just be friends" George shrugged.

"Yeah I guess."

"What's on your mind Cilia" he asked.

"Oh nothing" I smiled.

"Come on love, I know the face you make when you're deep in thought and you're making it right now" he chuckled.

"I hate that you know me so well" I huffed "but really, nothing is on my mind."

"If you say so" he crossed his arms and looked at me.

~~

Two days after Paul rang George, him and Pete finally arrived back in Liverpool. Our date was later that day and I was starting to get ready. I was also starting to feel extremely anxious. My best (girl) friend Julie was helping me get ready.

"I can't believe you're going on a date with him!! He's so handsome Cecilia" she said with so much excitement in her tone of voice.

"You're more excited than I am, maybe you should be going on the date with him" I chuckled.

"God I wish" she laughed.

"Alright, give it to me straight. Do I look halfway decent?"

"More than half way decent!! Smashing!" She gushed.

I had borrowed one of my mums fit and flare dresses. It was a satin green fabric and I guess Julie thought it was the most gorgeous thing she had ever seen. I paired it with a pair of my own nude pumps.