Chapter 6

Trouble-Maker Chris

I was barely staying awake in biology class, the teacher; Mrs Sherwood was probably the most boring teacher in the school. She was droning on and on about the human heart, something which I had learnt before. One hour into the lesson and she was still at the beginning; I was starting to wonder if she would ever finish teaching the chapter. I tapped my pen on the table, waiting for the last few minutes to pass and finally the bell rang. Next was lunch, which was my favourite period in a way. I ran (or rather hopped) out of the classroom and Chris was waiting there. He offered to carry my bag and I gladly gave it to him.

"So how are things between you and Evan progressing?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows, his hand showing some signs. I swung my crutches in his direction and he leaped out of the way. "Stop being so perverted!"

"Is that how you're supposed to treat your best friend who is carrying your bag?" he questioned, giving me a smug look. Sigh, he just reminded me about my cast which I was trying to forget about for the past hour. It was terribly itchy, and I couldn't wait to take it off. Until then, I had to bear with it for a week.

"I will let you off this once, but once these-" I gestured to my crutches, "are gone, you're going to get it!"

"You love my pretty face too much to damage it," he winked. I laughed out loud. How did I become friends with such an egotistical guy?

The queues were really long and I did not feel like standing the chaotic sea of hungry students with my bulky crutches. It would just increase the chances of me getting trampled by them. Deciding to wait till the queues were shorter, I made my way towards our usual table and where the crew-Sherry and Joel, were already seated. Chris had already gone off to get his food; he was such a nice friend. Note the sarcasm.

"Chloe! Thank goodness you're okay. I could not leave the house the other day so I-" Sherry started saying. Her bright eyes were filled with worry as she inspected me for any other injuries.

"It's okay, I'm fine," I said, waving it off.

"So you and Evan..." she said.

"Not you too!" I groaned, "Is this the only thing you have been talking about all day?"

Her eyes suddenly widened and she whispered, "He's walking over now!"

"Who-?" I asked and turned around. I trailed off as I saw him with those breath-taking eyes and smile. My heart leaped and a smile unknowingly made its way to my face. He was walking over with a tray of food, filled with muffins and spaghetti. The scent of the food wafted to my nose and my stomach growled in response.

"Hey, Sherry right? Do you mind if I sit here?" he asked, his sexy voice sending tiny shivers down my spine. What is wrong with me? Why am I having these weird feelings?

"No." I immediately replied, at the same time as Sherry said "Yes!"

"You have your own table to go to," I said, trying to push him in the direction where all The 'Populars' were. They were looking at me with that inquisitive eyes, especially one of the guys, I think it was Evan's close friend. I felt a little uncomfortable with all the attention focused on me.

He smirked and took a seat next to me, then he frowned, "Why aren't you eating?"

"I don't feel like queuing in this condition," I answered honestly. Evan passed me a plate of his spaghetti and ordered "Eat this."

Usually, I would reject it and tell him to eat it himself but today, I wasn't going to argue, I was too hungry to care. As if to confirm my thoughts, my stomach growled loudly again and I blushed in embarrassment. Just then Chris came back with his food and sat on the right, next to me. He casually slung an arm on my shoulder and whispered "You eat like a pig."

"And you don't?" I retorted.

"I eat like me," he replied, and I threw my head back and laughed in response. I looked at Evan and found him staring in annoyance with a hint of sadness at Chris and in return, Chris just smirked at him and gave me the 'I-told-you-so' look. Whatever.

Feeling another pair of eyes on me, I turned around and found Millie's grey eyes glaring at me. Caught in the act, she started smirking and mouthed the words "This is SO not over yet."

I rolled my eyes at her childishness. Vengeance. Is that the only thing she can think of?.

****

"I have the perfect idea to get Evan to confess his feelings!"

"Whatever." I replied, yawning. Chris had been trying to come up with ideas to get Evan to confess his feelings, and though I highly doubt Evan even has any feelings for me. I was sitting in my bedroom, trying to finish up my chemistry homework but nothing was going in, thanks to Chris' constant distractions.

"You have to listen to this!" he whined, giving me the puppy dog look. 'And here I thought only girls did that.' I thought, rolling my eyes.

"Are you sure you aren't a girl pretending to be a guy?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. In response, he grabbed my pillow and threw it to me. Why did I even let him into the house? Oh right, he said he had something important to tell me.

"Are you sure you aren't a guy pretending to be a girl?" he mimicked my voice as he pointed to the pile of clothes on the floor. "Your room is way messier than mine," he continued saying.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't have time to pack it, just leave it there."

"Just listen to this one and I will stop pestering you. Please?" he asked, pouting a little. Another reason to add to the list proving he is a girl. I think he's bipolar, one moment he is all egotistical and the next, he's acting like a little girl.

"Fine," I sighed, relenting. Might as well get this over and done with, I thought.

"You could pretend to be dating someone and Evan would definitely get jealous. Then he would confess his feelings!" he announced, smiling like it was the best idea on Earth. I resisted the urge to slam my face onto my table and knock it a few times. "This is your 'perfect' idea? It's not going to work, at all."

Evan didn't even like me in that way, how could he be jealous? This did not make any sense, and Chris was getting so hyped up for no reason.

Deciding that this was leading nowhere, I stood up to leave the room. Chris was sitting on the corner of my bed, in front of the pile of clothes. Just as I took my second step, I tripped over that pile of clothes and let out a squeal. My hands stretched out to soften the pressure and in the midst of it, I pushed Chris down onto the bed with me lying on top.

That was the sight Evan saw when he opened the door to my room.

My cheeks immediately turned red and I quickly pushed myself of Chris, hoping that he would not get the wrong idea. However Chris seemed to have other ideas. He pulled me back to his chest and held me there. My protests were muffled against his clothes as I desperately tried to get out of his arms.

"What are you doing here?" Chris said, smirking at Evan. I managed to push him away in time to catch Evan's face, his blue eyes showed no emotions while a vein at this temple was throbbing, in anger or surprise? Probably, the latter.

"I was just checking on you, it seems that you are fine." he said bitterly, "Just make sure you don't injure your feet any further."

He turned around and left the room, leaving me on Chris' lap awkwardly. I didn't do anything wrong, so why did I feel so guilty?

_____________________

I am so so so sorry for not uploading after so long. But I'm afraid I will have to take a break again :( Hope you liked this chapter.

Vote if you like :D