Chapter Three - Love Fufills The Law

Let's start with a question. What is love? Love is a warm affectionate feeling you have towards oneself and others. Notice it did not say a cold hearted feeling, but a warm, gentle, calm, easygoing heart towards people around us.

Love is the fulfilling of the law as it is also the greatest commandment and I would explain why.

Matthew 22:34_40;

"But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together;

"Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying;

Master, which is the great commandment in the law?;

Jesus said unto him, Thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind;

This is the first and greatest commandment;

And the second like unto it, Thou shall love thy neighbour as thyself;

On these two commandments hang the all the law and the prophets."

Jesus Christ says that love is the greatest commandment. God also showed his love to us by sending his Son to die for our sins. John 3:16.

When you love God then you begin to fear Him (it does not mean being afraid of Him,it means you would have the fear of God in you and do things according to His will). That's what the first commandment is saying. If you love someone, you would respect the person, so respect God.

The second greatest commandment, "Thou shall love thy neighbour as thyself." It means you should do unto others want you want them to do to you as Christ hath saith. You love your neighbours by helping and respecting them.

An instance when you steal your friend's possession and you know that's the only thing your friend has and you took it for your own selfish interest, that's not love because if you steal from someone,they would do the same thing to you, if not them, then someone else.

It's not only your friends or close relations and families, but everyone because we are children of God through Christ Jesus and as our Father is love Himself for the bible says God is love (1 John 3:1), then we are to follow in his footsteps and love our fellow brethren as he hath loved us.

Galatians 5: 14_15;

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself;

But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that you be not consumed one of another"

Verse fourth of our text says;" On these two commandments hang all the laws and the prophets."

A frequently asked question; "If we are to follow the law of Christ (His law which is the greatest commandment) then are we to follow the law of God which the Bible records as good and just which came through Moses?"

A lot of people ask this question, well let me explain to you what it means.

Exodus 20 talks about the 10 commandments God gave to Moses and we are still following them, but in a new dimension.

Christ brought a new law which still co_exist with the law that came through Moses but we are to follow it in a new way.

For example;

Exodus 20: 13_14 says "Thou shall not kill;

"Thou shall not commit adultery."

Matthew 5:21-22 talks about the killing.

"Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shall not kill; and whosever shall kill shall be in danger of judgement;

But I say unto you, That whosover is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgement..."

Matthew 5: 27-28 talks about adultery

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shall not commit adultery;

But I say unto you, That whoever looketh at a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

Romans 13 vs 8_10 says;

"Owe no man anything, but to love another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law;

For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself;

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."

Now we have seen the one by Moses and of Christ and we can see that Christ wants us to serve God in a new way and dimension. And to love our neighbour wholeheartedly.

When you love your neighbour, then you would be able to fulfill His law. You won't kill, steal, commit adultery, revenge or do things that could hurt him or her.

Always put this in mind; what I'm doing, how would I react if someone else does it for me. If you know you would feel bad, don't do it. But if you know you would feel good, then do it.

BIBLICAL REFERENCES

LUKE 10:25_37

It's the story about The Good Samaritan.
This story is about love. Let me put it in a human reference.

There was once a beggar who was hungry and needed to fed and would die instantly if not fed.

A rich man who had everything saw the man begging for money as the rich man wasted his money on worthless things as he drove passed the poor man.

Another person who had money and compassion was afraid of what people would do to him if they see him with the berger.

But a poor man who recently got paid from his menial job and had to fend for his family, saw the berger and showed great compassion and love to him by fending for him as he did not care about the consequence and helped the berger.

Now that's love the poor man showed to the berger. He sacrificed everything for his brethren as Christ said we should sacrifice for others as He has done for us.

LIFE APPLICATION

*Let's ask God for the spirit to love others and be caring and compassionate to them.

*Let's ask for His Grace to keep His commandments

Let's share the word of God by you sharing this book and other God's book.

God bless you as you do so and provide answers that you need for seeking out in this book(Amen).

I pray that may the Lord open the eyes of your understanding to see His purpose for your lives(Amen).

I love you all but God loves you the more so seek Him today and forever more. God bless you as you do so(Amen).