Chapter Four - It Is Finished

I am going to explain how it was finished with two scriptural verses.

John19: 30 says "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, He said, It is finished: and He bowed His head, and gave up the ghost

Now this is what happened after Christ said the word

Matthew 27: 50_51;

"Jesus, when He had cried with a loud voice, gave up the ghost;

And behold, the veil of the temple was rent with twain from the top to the bottom (the veil was cut into two); and the earth did quake,and the rocks rent."

In the former doctrine of serving God, the priests are the one who make sacrifices on behalf of the people. As the priest makes the sacrifice, the people are outside and praising God.

They only hear his voice through God's prophet who tells them what God has to say to them God. There was a veil dividing the people and the priests who makes sacrifices. The veil was covering them from seeing God.

But the Bible says the moment Christ says "It is finished", the Veil of the temple got torn into two that is to say we don't need anyone to pray for us for our prayers to be answered.

Christ has made it possible for us to serve God in truth and in spirit (John 4:24) and seek His face as He is ready to listen to us as He brought forth Grace, Grace to worship God in a new way, Grace for the forgiveness of sins. This is how much He loves us, He wants to listen and draw us closer to Him.

2Corinthians 3: 13_18 talks about the Veil of God which was hid in people's heart. That the veil is taken away through Christ and now we can serve God without the veil to blind our eyes from the truth.

Vs18 says " But we all with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."

With open faced (no more veil to cover our heart from receiving the truth of God's words) we now worship and serve God from glory to glory according to His will.

One thing Christ did when He says it is finished, is the price we are bought with which is His blood.

In the former doctrine of serving God,for everyone who sins against God would have to offer up a blood sacrifice which is the killing of lamb or any acceptable animal to receive forgiveness from God.

But now, Christ paid the price for us by His death on the cross of calvary. He is the sacrificial lamb through which by His blood all sins have been forgiven. He died for he remissions of sins so that we don't need to offer up sacrifices for our sins to be forgiven as He has paid the price.

The only thing we should do when we commit sin is to ask and receive His mercy (Matthew 7:7). Isn't God so great? if you believe He is, begin to thank Christ for His sacrifice.

And also the moment He said "It is finished" our sorrows, tears, pains are finished as He has brought joy to us and has given us the Holy Spirit to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

LIFE APPLICATION

*Begin to thank God for the love He has shown to us by sending forth His son to die for our sins and for sending the Holy Spirit to dwell and live in is

*Begin to ask for His Grace to forgive others as He hath forgiven you

*Begin to plead for His blood over you, your family, friends and relations for His protection