Chapter 1

"Don't worry Lils they'll treat him fine. Now let's go. We have to get back to David before something happens to him." A man with messy black hair and hazel eyes covered by glasses said to his wife who had just laid a small bundle of blue blankets on the doorstep of her sister and brother-in-laws house. What the two didn't know was that they just left their eldest son, little auburn haired Harry James Potter, in the hands of people who will abandon him to die in a week. Although that might be for the best after all, those abandoned at a young age tend to have a habit of coming back later and much much stronger than they would be otherwise. This time was no different.

"Good riddance you little brat." Vernon Dursley snarled as he dumped the slumbering year old Harry in the middle of a forest in America when he and his family were there on vacation for a week. It had been one week since Harry had been left on their door step and they made sure the toddler knew he wasn't wanted in their 'perfect' home so at the first opportunity they dumped the brat. What he wasn't aware of was a young looking girl with dark hair and dark eyes walking towards his position while tracking down a monster. If he was he probably would have killed the child then and there, but as it is he just turned around and left after shooting the now awake child another sneer. Poor little Harry was sitting there in confusion before he slowly stood up wobbly and toddled around curiously.

For her part the Lieutenant of the Hunters of Artemis, Zoe Nightshade, had found her target, a larger than normal Hellhound, and was about to kill it when a loud squeal interrupted her and caused her heart to temporarily stop in place.

"Puppy!" A one year old male toddler squealed again as it toddled towards the snarling Hellhound. Zoe felt her heart stop again at the sight of the small child. Sure she hated most men after what that bastard Hercules did to her but the child near the Hellhound was just that, a child! A toddler even! What was he doing out here in the middle of the woods?!

"Get back!" Zoe shouted to the child as she dropped from her position in the tree, just because she hated males didn't mean she wanted to see an innocent toddler die in front of her. The toddler looked at her curiously before waddling over to her as fast as his little legs could carry him and he beamed up at her while she fired the arrow at the charging Hellhound, causing it to burst into golden sand when the arrow hit its eye and went through its brain.

"Hi!" The toddler said beaming up at her cutely with a smile on his adorable little face. He is a cute little thing, Zoe admitted to herself before shaking that thought from her head and scowling down at the boy who looked at her curiously.

"What are thy doing in the middle of a forest child?" Zoe asked sharply, causing the boy to shrink back a little when her tone reminded him of Uncle Vernon. The small boy didn't answer her since he himself didn't know, causing her to begin to get angry.

"Well? Answer me boy!" Zoe snapped at the child, causing him to whimper slightly as he disappeared with a small 'pop' sound. This caused her eyes to widen at this. The boy was one of Lady Hecate's Magicals! A powerful one too to use what Zoe recognized as an advanced magic at such a young age.

"I'd better inform Lady Artemis about this." Zoe muttered taking off back towards camp while keeping an eye out in case she saw the small child again.

"Ah there you are Zoe. I take it your hunt was a success?" Artemis, who for some reason was in her twenty year old form, asked without turning around when Zoe reentered the Hunters camp.

"Yes Mi' lady. I ran across...something interesting while on my hunt as well." Zoe answered immediately and a little hesitantly, wondering how her mistress was going to take the thought of a magical male child in the forests around their camp.

"Oh?" Artemis asked although from her tone she was a little distracted while many of the Hunters in front of her were staring at Artemis in shock and confusion, as well as a bit of curiosity.

"Yes Mi' lady. I wandered across one of Lady Hecate's Magicals while on my hunt. A male Magical at that." Zoe said not approaching her goddess until invited while Artemis seemed to tense just the slightest bit and looked down at something in front of her.

"Can you describe this Magical male Zoe?" Artemis asked without turning around while Zoe blinked and recalled what she had seen of the child.

"Yes Mi' lady. He was very young, no more than two years of age at the most. He had messy black hair and emerald green eyes, he was also very pale and on the skinny side. I had questioned him as to why he was in the woods but he did not answer, when I asked again he whimpered and vanished with a small 'pop' sound." Zoe said causing Artemis to relax ever so slightly while the Hunters were looking shocked.
"I see. That explains how this child had gotten so close to our camp borders without being caught or seen. You are quite the powerful child are you not, little one?" Artemis said at first to herself before speaking amusedly to the small child on her lap playing with some of her long auburn colored hair that reminded him so much of his mama's.

"Mi' lady?" Zoe asked stepping around and seeing the small black haired boy upon the Moon Goddesses lap, playing with auburn hair that looked so similar to his mother's hair.

"When he vanished from you Zoe he reappeared at the edge of our camp and wandered in. None of us had even noticed us until he caught sight of me in my adult form. Apparently I must look similar to his mother as he confused me with such." Artemis said in amusement as she smiled down at the giggling boy in her lap. As if to prove her point he pointed a chubby little finger up at her with a cute smile on his face.

"Mama!"