Chapter 9: Maria Hill and Hestia adopt Mary Sue Poots

Hera, Hestia, Persephone, Ariadne and Amphritrite step out of the flashes.

Pleione sees them and tugs on her Mama's hand. Artemis looks at her daughter with a raised eyebrow. Pleione points at the 5 goddesses. Artemis picks Pleione up and walks over to the five goddesses. Hera, Hestia, Persephone,Ariadne and Amphritrite each take turns on telling the others about their dream from the night before. After hearing everyone's dream. Artemis says "I think that it would be easiest to start with the girl who is farther away from us now."

A hunter named Adelle, daughter of Eris walks up and says "My ladies these days you have to make an appointment to adopt a child."

Artemis says "Thank You Adelle for that information." Adelle walks off and gets ready for the day.
Pleione says "Mama?"
Artemis says "Yes Moonbeam?"
Pleione says "Don't we need five hunters to agree to blood adopt with them."
Artemis looks at her daughter shocked and says "I did not think of that." Looks at her sisters and stepmother and they nod. Artemis calls over her five oldest hunter. Melinda May daughter of Nyx, Phoebe Morse daughter of Ares, Maria Hill daughter of Minerva (Athena's Roman form), Adelle Vine daughter of Eris and Luna Romero, daughter of Selene (last born before she faded.)
Artemis says " You guys are getting the chance that I gave Zoe." The hunters look at Artemis and Melinda says " we agree but with one condition that we get to see our daughter and help come up with a name." Artemis look at her aunts, sister and stepmother and the five goddesses nod in agreement.
Luna says "I'll adopt whoever Lady Hera is."
Hera says "Luna please just call me Hera." Luna nods.
The fates appear and say "Hail! Luna Romero, daughter of Selene, Olympian Goddess of Soulmates, Time and Allies. Soulmate of Hera."

(On Olympus in the throne room a new throne pops up between Zeus and Hera' s thrones. The throne is made of Olympian Titanium and has clocks on the top of the throne with the time in each time zone on it. Picture of allies eating together, soulmates holding hands.)

Melinda says "I'll adopt whoever Lady Persephone is."
Persephone says "Melinda just call me Persephone." Melinda nods.
The fates continue by saying "Hail! Melinda May, daughter of Nyx, Goddess of Elysium, Punishment, and Summertime. Soulmate of Persephone."
Maria says "I'll adopt with Lady Hestia."
Hestia says "Please Maria just call me Hestia."
The fates continue by saying "Hail! Maria Hill, daughter of Minerva, Goddess of Peace and Oaths. Soulmate of Hestia."
Phoebe says "I'll adopt with Amphitrite."
Amphitrite nods her head in agreement.
The fates continue by saying "Hail! Phoebe Morse, Goddess of Tides. Soulmate of Amphritrite."
Adelle says "I'll adopt with Ariadne."
Ariadne says "Okay."
The fates say "Hail! Adelle Vine, daughter of Eris, Goddess of Vineyards and Orchards. Soulmate of Ariadne."
Artemis says "You five get to come with us."
The goddesses, the five hunters and Pleione flash to New York City. They walk to a payphone. Adelle presses 0 and hands the phone to Artemis.

The operator says "Operator."

Artemis says "Can you please give me the number for Saint Agnes Orphanage?"

The operator says "Just one second. Ok found it are you ready?"

A notebook and pen appears in Hera's hands and she nods at Artemis says "Yes I'm ready."

The operator says "Okay the number is (929)807-2674." Artemis tells Hera the number.

Operator says "Any thing else."

Artemis says "Yes Please. Coldrock Orphanage for Girls."

Operator says "(646)137-9258."

Artemis says "Thank You! Bye." Artemis hands the phone to Hera.

Hera dials (929)807-2674.

Someone answers saying "Saint Agnes Orphanage, Sister Agatha speaking."

Hera says "Hello Sister Agatha I would like to schedule an appointment for adopting a child."

Sister Agatha says "Okay It's your lucky day we have an opening at 10:00 in the morning today. Would you like that?"

Hera looks at her family and mouths 10:00. The other 5 goddesses and hunters nod telling her that time is fine. Hera says "That would be awesome. Okay bye."

Artemis looks at the position of the sun and says "It's about 9:20 in the morning."

Ariadne says "In my dream Bridget told me we don't need an appointment."

Hestia says "Okay. Then let's get going to Saint Agnes Orphanage."
Artemis says " Moonbeam hold onto me." Pleione does as her Mama tells her.
All 6 goddesses, 5 hunters, and Pleione flash to Queens, New York. They land in an alley. The five look around and Hera says "It looks like the orphanage is across the street."

The six goddesses, five hunters and Pleione walk across the street to Saint Agnes Orphanage. Hera rings the doorbell and the door opens. The nun says "I'm Sister Theresa how can I help you." Hera says " We have a tour and adoption at 10:00." Theresa says "Hera Caelum?" Hera says " That's me." Sister Theresa moves out of the doorway and allows the six goddesses, five hunters and Pleione in and shuts the door behind them. Hera says "We talked to someone named Sister Agatha." Theresa as she's walking says "I'm taking to you to Mother Superior Mary Ann." They come to an office door that says 'MOTHER SUPERIOR.' Sister Theresa knocks then walks in and says "Mother Superior Mrs. Caelum and her sisters are here." She says "bring them in." Theresa allows them in and closes the door. The six goddesses, five hunters sit down and Artemis lifts Pleione onto her lap. Mother Superior says "I'm Mary Ann. Who are you all?" Hera says "I'm Hera Caelum these are my sisters Amphitrite Rivers, Persephone Mortem, Ariadne Cast, Artemis Nightshade and her 3 year old daughter Pleione, Melinda May, Phoebe Morse, Luna Romero,Adelle Vine, Maria Hill and Hestia Flare are the ones interested in adopting." Mother Superior looks at Hestia and says "What age are you looking for?" Hestia says "3 year old girl." Mother Superior says " We have one 3 year old girl here currently, Ms. Flare and Ms. Hill would you and your sisters like to meet her?" Hestia looks at her sisters and they nod at her. Mother Superior gets up from her desk and beckons the 6 goddesses and Pleione to follow her.  The six get up and Pleione is in Artemis's arms. Mother Superior leads them out of the office and down a few doors. Mother Superior knocks on the door. There is scrambling going on. A minute later, the door opens a little girl says "Yes Mother?" Mother Superior Mary Ann says "Mary Sue, this is Ms. Flare and her sisters. Ms. Flare and Ms. Hill are interested in adopting you, are you willing to talk to them?" Mary Sue says "Yes." Mary Sue allows Hestia and otheer. Mother Superior closes the door and goes back to her office.  Mary Sue says "I can't believe you're really here." Hestia says "Of Course I Am. There are few things,  I need to tell you and somethings you'll have to agree to, okay? Mary Sue nods her head.  Hestia says "By going with me. It requires Maria and I to blood adopt you, okay?"
Mary Sue says "If I come with you could I have a new name?" Maria says   "Yes, we were thinking Rhea Minerva Hill." Mary Sue says "Okay. I agree to be adopted."
Hestia and Maria go do the needed paperwork. After the paperwork is done The group leaves Saint Agnes and stop to eat at Noodles and Company.
Mary Sue looks at Hestia and Maria and says "Can I call you Mom and Niang? Niang is Chinese for mom." Maria says "Sure I'll be Mom." Hestia says "Niang is fine with me."
Pleione says "Mama wet." Artemis picks up Pleione and the diaper bag and go to the ladies room.
When Pleione and Artemis return from the ladies room. The group leave Noodles. Persephone says "Next on the list is Coldrock House for Girls." Artemis notices that Pleione and Mary Sue are starting to get antsy and says "How about we split up Maria, Hestia and I will take Pleione and Mary Sue to Olympus or the hunt and wait for you all and guys go in your pairs go where you need to and adopt a child and then come to Olympus we can do the adoptions in front of the other gods and goddesses.