Chapter 10

BENNS POV

I may have been drinking with the others but I sure as hell wasn't as wasted as all of them. I have always been more able to tolerate my alcohol. No idea why.

As I'm stumbling with Clare towards the house I ty not to think about the fact that she is all over me. Laughing and giggling. This is a change from the cold shoulder I've been getting from her these past two weeks.

I know that tomorrow everything would go back to the way it was before she picked up the tequila. And that is why I slowed down the already slow pace were going at.

"Clare, how are you? I know we live next to each other, but I haven't seen you in forever." I say slightly out of breath. Oh my life, this girl is getting on my nerves with all this giggling.
"I know, and we go to the same school and I haven't seen you. Hey, we are in the same school right? Cause damn! A face like that I would never have missed!" she says flirtatiously. I know she was just joking; I could hear it in her voice and see it in her eyes.

Fuck, she gets flirty and overly loving when she was drunk. I love it when she's like this, not the drunk part but the young and carefree. Not that she's not when she's sober, it's just that she always overthink stuff when she's not under the influence. She has the walls all around her and chooses what she says. I've grown used to it over the years. It just gets frustrating sometimes. I just want to talk to her without having her analysing everything she says.

As we neared the house I stopped and turned her so that she was looking at me. And can I just say that I was blown away. The smile that was on her face stole my breath. And captured my heart. And I never wanted this to end. She has to stop being this overly kind when she's drunk.

But unfortunately it had to. I have to go see if Shawn and Thalia are alright. So that's why I took a step back still keeping her at arm's length for if she lost her balance and fall and I had to catch her.

"Clare you have to listen to me. I do not know what the time is but I know for a fact that all of us are going to get into trouble if we wake the parents up. I have to go check on the others, so please when I'm going to put you in bed please, for heaven's sake stay there and sleep. When I come back I will put water on the bed side table for if you get thirsty. So just please keep quiet and for the love of angels will you stop touching me?"

"But why? I want to come with youuu..."she drawls out. Why the fuck, do I always end up with taking care of her when she's drunk. She is near to impossible to handle and my patience is running out with her touching my stomach and face.

"Clare stop it! Okay come now. You have to be quiet darling." as I lead her towards the steps on the porch I take her arm and swing it over my shoulder and picked her up bridal style. Her giggling ends the deadly silence around us.

"C you HAVE to be silent! Please for me." I whisper as we walk through the front door. "Fine I will hubby!" she says to loudly in a sing song voice.

As we near our rooms I contemplate where she is going to sleep. If she is sleeping in her room and she needs something nobody is going to help her and when she's sleeping in my room then I can help her if she is having nightmares.

I know no matter how hard I am trying to convince myself that I am letting her sleep in my room for HER own benefit and not my own selfish reasons I am lying. I want her next to me. I want to wake up with her next to me. Even if were not touching, I just want her.

And I don't give a shit about the consequences anymore. So I carry her in to my room and lightly shut the door before I turn on the light.

On the right side of the room is the dresser and left to it was the entrance to the bathroom I share with Shawn. On the left side is a window with a window seat where Clare would always read and bask in the sun.