Chapter 6

Every time Hermione encountered Charlie, which was becoming more frequent as the days went on, their relationship was definitely becoming closer.  Mind you they gave any excuse to physically interact, weather it was playful slapping, or nudging.  As much as he made her nervous, he also made her excited in a way she couldn't explain. 

This particular evening, Hermione gathered her confidence, before entering the garage, where she knew she would find Charlie.  Everyone else was in the lounge, listening to their favorite Wizarding channel. 

He smiled as he looked up from what he was tinkering with, noticing her enter. 

She walked over to him, mumbling a "Hey."  Standing right by his side.  "What are you working on?" 

"Oh, just a dragon model."  He stated, in his deep voice that radiated through her in a calming wave. 

She nodded, trying not to focus on his voice's affect on her, and rather the wooden Dragon that he was attaching a wing to.  "Can I help?" She asked. 

And he straightened, allowing her to stand in front of him in order to reach the dragon.  As he wrapped his arms around her to guide her hands, she closed her eyes, sighing shakily from the contact.  He was warm, and an uneasy feeling that she somehow loved formed in her stomach.  It was as though a million goblins were jumping around inside of her. 

She felt his body stiffen as well, him swallowing nervously. 

"Charlie." She whispered quietly, her chest now raising up and down slowly. 

"Hmm?" He hummed near her ear. 

They both were aware of the other, extremely aware, and seemed to both ignore the awkwardness. 

She slowly turned around grabbing the bottom of his shirt delicately in her fingers, tugging him closer to her, slowly, exhaling into his chest.  She wanted to be closer.

"Hermione?" He asked quietly, inhaling the scent of her hair,  and feeling her trembling fingers tugging on his shirt. 

"Charlie, What's going on between us?" She asked closing her eyes, as if scared to open them. 

"I'm not sure." He replied after a long silence.  This couldn't be happening.  But the last thing he would do is push her away. 

She wrapped her arms around his middle cautiously, pressing her head into his chest, and he gladly wrapped his arms around her, pulling her tighter against him.  "I like you Charlie, very much so."  She whispered in a rushed statement.  "I just had to tell you." 

She seemed to relax, as he tightened his grip on her, starting to rock her slightly.  "Well that's good, because I like you too Hermione." He whispered gently into her ear. 

"Well this is awkward." She said, but he could tell her voice sounded relived from his confession, which somehow made him more nervous.  

"Only slightly." He chuckled, and she laughed, them still held tightly in an embrace.

"What are you thinking?" She asked. 

"I'm wondering if it's weird that I'm seven years older than you."

"Well I don't think it is."  Hermione said.  She pulled away.  "I'm going to go to bed, I'll see you in the morning."  She daringly kissed him in the cheek,  softly, her other hand placed firmly against his abdomen, and he wondered if he was going to melt. 

And he let her walk away, wondering what in Merlin's beard just happened. 

Hermione threw herself onto her bed, covering her hands in her face.