Chapter 28

The air was calm and cool on her skin. She had been thinking too much about what had lied ahead. The death of Dumbledore was all to real, and foremost it had hurt Harry. Thus all Harry had talked about was when they were going to leave. When they would disappear and put an end to the dark forces of the wizarding world.

The war had begun.

Yet somehow everyone seemed oblivious, and fell into a drunk state deep within the calm before the storm.

"Hey"

Hermione turned her head to find Ginny standing in the door.

"I cannot wear this, don't you think it's a bit much." Hermione said, sucking in her cheeks and looking down at her dress.

"It's a wedding Hermione, just try to enjoy yourself yeah?"

She grinned at Ginny, trying really hard to stop worrying about everything that lay ahead. "Right, I'll be down in a moment."

"Oh I've almost forgot, Ron and Harry are in the orchard greeting guests, cept Harry is disguised. Mum told me to let you know."

Hermione smiled at the thought of Mrs. Weasley, knowing quite well she had kept her Ron and Harry separate for the last few days so that they could not discuss plans. Her intentions were best despite the annoyance of it all. "Sure." She replied, and Ginny had disappeared.

It was about three in the afternoon as Hermione had walked up to the marquee, following the purple carpet and taking a seat in her respective seat. Ginny looked relieved she had finally shown, and the twins started to comment on her left about her dress.

"Merlin Granger, you clean up well" George said with a wink causing her cheeks to turn hot.

"Quiet, it's about to start." Ginny seethed across Hermione, giving the pair a side glance.

"Aren't you a bridesmaid?" Hermione questioned, and Ginny popped up.

"Oh yeah, mums going to kill me." She whispered, leaving to the back of the tent. In her place a ginger haired boy sat which caught her off guard for a moment.

"Harry?" She whispered under her breath. "Is that you."

"Looks ridiculous doesn't he?" Ron chimed, filing in as well to his seat.

As the music started playing and the area settled, Hermione seemed to take attention to her surroundings for the first that afternoon. Bill looked nervous as ever, yet held a stupid grin on his face. She smiled at this. Then her eyes drifted to whom she presumed was Aunt Muriel with a big hat that nearly blocked everyone's view. Fancy.

And then her eyes fluttered to land on another figure. Immediately the handsome composure of the young man filled her with a sense of curiosity to his attractive nature. He was facing away talking to the groom, and she couldn't help but notice the outline of his shoulders in his suit coat. Bestman? Most presumably by the way he was talking to Bill.

"Who's that?" She asked, leaning close to Fred, assuming he might know who was chosen as best mates to Bill.

"What?" Fred hummed, looking up.

Hermione glanced to the front once more. He had turned slightly and her eyes trailed the shape of his jaw, dirty brown locks that seemed to—and then he glanced over his shoulder. Green met brown. It couldn't be. A lump started to form in her throat, and her palms sweat. She couldn't look away, held in a vice of his gaze.

"You should know shouldn't you, considering you spent a good three weeks snogging him." Fred said in a chuckle from beside her, but she didn't hear.