Chapter 16

It was dark throughout the burrow, except the candle Hermione had Lit.  She was working on her essay.  At least that's what she told herself she was doing.  In actuality she was admiring Charlie's notes that he had scribbled on it for her.

The back door opened Bill coming through, stomping off his boots.  She looked up, waiting to hear the news. 

"Hi Hermione." He greeted, sending his scarf and coat to the nearest coat rack.  "What are you doing up?" 

"Couldn't sleep."  Her nerves were not calmed by his company, for it seemed he was acting over happy.  She examined his face and got a glimpse of a mark on his forehead.  "Oh my gosh Bill are you okay?" She asked jumping up.

"Yes, I'm fine, it's nothing really."

She looked at the cut and frowned. "Bill what happened where are the others?" 

"Still at the ministry, they wanted me to come back, guard the house incase anything happens." 

Hermione had already moved to one of the drawers, grabbing the bottle of dittany from Mrs. Weasley's emergency stores.    When she turned around Bill was sitting down at the table. 

"What's this?" He asked, holding the parchment she was reading over. 

"Oh it's just my essay....for charms."  She sat down cautiously, handing him the medicine. 

"Thanks." 

"Sure."  She watched as he put the dittany on his forehead, although couldn't focus.  The only thing she was thinking about was if Charlie was okay. 

"Umm Bill."

"What?" He asked looking towards her. 

She fidgeted with her hands. "Is Charlie okay?"  She asked, trying to hide the desperation in her voice. 

His lips pulled into a smirk. 

"Oh gosh don't laugh at me."

"I'm not laughing."  He said, but the way he was smiling caused her to blush.  "Well-."

His eyes met hers and she wished he would just answer the question. 

"I'd like you to know he's just fine." 

"You aren't lying?" 

"No.  This cut was the worst damage done to all of us." 

"What happened?"

"There were deatheaters, they were at the ministry. They vanished once we got there after a few spells thrown our way.  Dad thinks it was a false alarm, like they wanted us to think it was some sort of attack." 

Pop

"Hello Granger, Bill." George said, standing right next to them. 

"Hello George."

Pop

"Hi Fred!" George said the two now standing gleefully.

"Well we are going to go to bed, we're exhausted, tell us if deatheaters attack."

"Oi, who sent you home?" Bill asked before they could disappear.

"Dad, we were more of a nuisance than helpful." He answered. "Oh and Granger where is everyone else?"

"Umm, Harry and Ron are in their room, but I'd expect they are up still, Ginny's asleep and Lavender and Cormac I'd expect are snogging." Hermione received a weird expression from the twins at the mention of Lavender.