iii

jimin pov

it's another day of school and i'm at lunch with the same group i ate with yesterday.

maybe someone will speak up if i ask in person?

wait...maybe it's one of those pranks and he just wants to fool around. maybe they're ALL part of this. i cannot believe i'm being taken advantage o-

"jimin? you alright?" namjoon waves his hand in front of my face.

"hm?" i put on a sly smile immediately at him.

"you were looking a bit serious there for a moment, you should've seen your face," he says, laughing at me. i frown at him for he catching my weird expression. everyone is finally seated at the table and i decide to make an announcement.

"okay, so... one of you guys took my notecard that had my phone number written on it-"

"wait, why did you even have that anyways?" hoseok asks.

"it was for my mom, but i forgot to give it to her. anyways, one of you started messaging me. i need to know who it is now, please," i plead and wait for a response. silence falls upon the table and i start to get frustrated.

"well...any minute now," i fake a smile, trying to conceal my awkwardness. jin starts to laugh.

"is it you, jin?" i start to get hopeful.

"well, he just laughs a lot. if it's loud or quiet, he doesn't really care," namjoon explains. "and why do you want to know who's texting you that badly? maybe, like, try asking him?"

he sounds very annoyed, what did i do to him? hmph.

"i tried already. and i just feel so uncertain when i don't even know who i'm texting. like, it's kind of scary when you think about it. i don't know, maybe i've got trust issues or something, but i would really appreciate it for someone to speak up," i start to look down, wishing for someone to say something.

please, someone...

"hey, i have an idea. why don't we make this as a game, hm?" jin proposes.

"what?! no, i ref-" i begin to say, but someone interrupts.

"ooh, what do you mean, jin? sounds interesting to me," yoongi smirks. i sigh.

"we can just hide the identity of this unknown person. he can give jimin, i don't know, a number of days to get to know each of us; it'll help him know which personality matches the way he text," jin continues.

"ooh, and when it's finally time, he'll reveal who he is to jimin!" jungkook exclaims.

"i don't know, guys. this game might be a bit too stressful for me..." i start scratching my head.

"i think it...sounds really interesting," taehyung says shyly.

"i mean, it's pretty funny though. this guy sounds like a coward for not being able to reveal himself to be honest," yoongi shrugs.

"woah, you don't have to call him a coward," i defend. 

honestly, this game does sound pretty interesting. i'll get to know the guys a bit more as well.

"well, it seems like everyone agrees with this game, so i guess whoever is behind the number will text me the number of days tonight," i state.

the bell rings; it's the end of lunch. everyone gets up to head to their classes.

"well, good luck on figuring out who it is," namjoon smiles at me, patting me on the back as he walks away. 

"have fun," yoongi punches me on the shoulder.

time to figure out who's behind that unknown number.

a/n

mkay the real stuff starts in the next chapter woo

hope its not boring!! im trying my best for it not to be agh

who do u think it is so far?

if yall want one, the number of days will be a hint. but thats in the next chapter ;)

ill put gifs of diff members btw, theyre not hints LOL

...

...

or ARE THEY? im jk we'll see