vi

jimin pov

i enter my class a bit early (because why not), walking towards an empty desk. however, a figure catches my eye.

"taehyung? i didn't know we were in the same class," i point out, a bit confused. i had at least two classes with him and i just noticed him here now. are my observation skills really that bad?

"i'm so sorry for not noticing you earlier, aish," i scold myself, frowning. i really want to be friends with people i hang out with lunch, but this seems like a bad impression i have made already.

i hear him say something, but i couldn't make out what he said. he just whispers.

interesting.

i bend my knees to go closer to him.

"sorry, you're just very quiet, i hope i'm not too close," i explain considerately.

"no, it's...alright. i just don't, really, like to t-talk a lot," he whispers once again.

"also, d-don't worry, j-jimin for not n-noticing me. it's not...your fault," taehyung whispers with his head lying on his desk, almost covering his face with his arms.

"is there a reason you don't like to talk?" i tilt my head. i make my voice not too loud for him. i choose to start a conversation with him since there's enough time to buy before class starts. however, he doesn't respond for a good few minutes.

"it's okay if you dont-" i begin to say, but he interrupts.

"w-well, i used to be a very...loud person, but..." taehyung stops, tears coming to his eyes. my own eyes widen at the sight.

"oh, my! you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable, sorry for bringing it up," i panic, patting his back to comfort him.

"n-no, it's alright," he sniffles. "i always spoke up for myself, w-well, back then. in elementary s-school, i was w-walking home with my mom. i had to t-tie my shoelaces, so w-we stopped on the sidewalk. 

"th-then, there was this t-tall guy with a s-ski mask and aimed a gun at me, threatening he w-will kill me if my m-mother didn't g-give him her purse. she g-gave up her purse, b-but still aimed his gun at me, looking s-straight in my eyes. she rushed in f-front of me, so he fired a-at her instead. he r-ran away with her belongings and i w-was left in the street w-with my dead m-mother. 

"i've never b-been that frightened before in m-my life that i c-couldn't even talk. i c-couldn't even scream or s-say anything."

"oh my god," it's all that i can say to that horrific story.

he must have suffered really bad during his childhood. i mean, just seeing your mom die right in front of your eyes, especially as a child...that's got to hurt a lot.

"i'm so sorry this happened to you, taehyung, especially as a child, and i'm sorry for what happened to your mom," i choke out, very saddened by the experience.

"it's a-alright," taehyung wipes a tear. i wish i can hug him just to comfort him and remind him it'll be okay.

"i-i just wish i did something...instead of b-being a total coward. it should've b-been me, not h-her. i c-could've saved her," he sighs.

"don't say that, taehyung! she's in a good place now, okay? you have a whole life ahead of you. she just wanted to protect you. actually, your mom must be really proud of you," i smile at him instead. he looks at me, confused.

"w-why? what d-does that supposed to m-mean? i'm so weak a-and i can't even get over it," he huffs out, sounding almost angry.

"because the fact you're still able to talk about it and still go to school. it seems like you are recovering from the event. i see you smile at lunch with the guys, and i probably wouldn't enjoy anything at all, if my mother had died right in front of me. you continued to let yourself be happy, even with this terrible memory in your head, and that's very strong. well, in my eyes it is," i say to him with a warm hearted smile.

his eyes widen in shock at my words and tears fall from his eyes. he smiles back at me.

"t-thank you, jimin," he says and suddenly, pinches my cheek.

"w-why did you do that?" i start to blush.

"i dunno, i wanted to pinch them," he flashes a bright box smile at me. i ruffle his hair and stand up. i'm about to sit at the desk next to him until i feel something tight around my body.

he hugs me.

"i just wanna say...t-thank you...again," he whispers, burying his face in my shoulder. i can hear his tiny sobs.

i hug him back to comfort him.

"it'll be okay, taehyung. i'm here for you."

---

(287) 888-8888

jimin

hi tell me abt ur day :)

oh what is this?

what

u texting me first hmm

why not

idk ur always changing up stuff every time i talk to u

how do u think i feel idek who im talking to

well why does that matter

wym

as long as u enjoy talking to someone i think u dont need to know who they are

as long as ur happy

thats dangerous and creepy i can be talking to a 40 year old man

but i just proved that im from ur lunch group

duh

basically what im saying is

i hope ur happy

cuz it makes me happy when ur happy :)

stOP THIS >:(

aha its fun teasing u

i like talking to u

do u like talking to me?

yes

:)

a/n

ooh some backstory to tae, sorry if it got really sad for u whoops

ok ily all thankyou for reading this ff :') i love reading ur comments!

mkay bye