Chapter Thirteen

GEORGINA

"Gina," says Clarisse as soon as she opens the door. "What a surprise to see you here," she shows me the way inside.

Her house is quite cozy. Small, compared to ours, but big enough for the five persons that live here. We sit down in the living room face to face.

"How are you, Rayvon and the children?" I ask in an attempt to start the conversation.

"Molly just turned thirteen, she's excited experiencing her teenage years." She leaves me thinking of what I could have felt of having a child of mine and having time to be around her. I clear my throat forcing a smile and she keeps boasting. "Thomas is trying his best in college, Rayvon quite good if I am being honest and Levy, well startling everyone," she says and I nod as he mentions each of her family members.

"I can imagine," She nods a little bit uncomfortable. "What about the lawsuit?" I ask after an awkward moment of just staring at each other.

"It's paused," she says rubbing her temples. "America has been hard."

"How so?"

"A year ago, we found laboratories outside the country." She gets my full attention. "Canada, Mexico, Germany, India, China, even Australia... we get rid of them all, nevertheless we couldn't succeed with the kids. The governments disappeared them."

I never heard anything about that. Not even rumors, I thought everything was still as before. The labs continued existing worldwide in my mind, but now it seems like America is the only one still hiding.

"It has been really exhausting. Rayvon is in Washington D.C right now following reports of people that believe they have seen something there," she says and instantly I know those reports have been done by the scientists themselves. When her people are about to find something they always guide them in the wrong direction. There's nothing in Washington. "We are close," she says but the reality is the opposite.

"I have something for you," I interrupt and search for the list between the yellow folders in my bag. She takes it and putting her glasses on, she reads it. She looks just like Levy, brown hair and eyes similar to his but in contrast with his son's tan skin tone, hers is a bit lighter.

"What's this?" she asks without raising her look from the list of cities.

"The laboratories in the country." She looks at me again.

"How?" she begins to say and looks at the list once again, unable to believe in it. "Washington is not here..."

"Distractions," I explain. "The closer you think you are, the farthest you actually are... except for you according to what Madison told me."

"You?"

"The house is a lab, yes," I reply and she covers her mouth, unable to look at me.

"Why are you telling me this? It doesn't make any sense."

I tell her everything since the beginning, just as I did with Madison: my relationship with Sean, his relation to Wen, when did I start to get involved with the experiments, my relationship with Madison, Alison's liberation, and at the end, I finally explain my plan. When I finish at least an hour has gone by and my phone hasn't stop buzzing call after call from Sean and Wen which let me know they just notice none of the girls are here.

"Poor girl," is everything she says when she's done processing the situation and honestly I can't figure out if she's talking about Madison or the child. "How would you like to start?" she asks.

"I am not a lawyer," I reply. She sighs passing her hands one over the other. "I think the best thing we could do is to start with this lab and then proceed with the rest of them. After all, our child is safe for now."