Chapter Forty Five

GEORGINA

I look at Madison's pictures from my bed. There are thousands of her in the lab. They make me remember that despite what she suffered in there, she was a happy child. She used to smile most of the time, she played and said plenty of silly things. She really was a special child apart from all what she was genetically given. Above from the interests of everyone who used to work on her. A unique child. A perfect and gorgeous little girl that used to surprised me every day while she grow up.

I thought nineteen years were plenty of time. Looking at her and seeing her so grown up, so independent and so strong made me believed I have made it, that I truly changed her life the best I could. But I should had been there for her more. I should have escaped with her to keep her from knowing all this, and keep her safe from whoever wanted to hurt her. It was my duty, as a parent. I should have taken that little green eyed girl and gave her the life she really deserved. But instead, she found out about everything and I used her to try to repair the pain we made her went through, believing she really wanted to do it. Until now, I realize she wasn't so sure of it. I didn't want this to happen. I didn't thought I would end losing her for something like that. She was supposed to grow and be happy on her own...she should be able to have more time.

The bed sinks when someone sits down next to me and it takes all the strength of me not to burst out crying when he puts his hand on my shoulder. I sigh before turning to see him and find Sean forcing a smile.

"Are you okay?" he asks and I just shrug. "She's asking for you," he says squeezing my heart with that sentence.

"For me?" I ask truly unsure and he nods. Yesterday she couldn't even see me.

"It's a lucid moment," he clarifies making me get a big lump in my throat knowing that really isn't a good thing.

"That's not good," I say wiping my tears.

"I am so sorry Gina," he says and I make my best effort to nod without looking at him.

I drown my desire of crying during the small way from my old bedroom to the lab. When I enter, it takes me a moment to gain the enough courage to finally enter the room.

She talks smiling and laughing in the company of her best friend, her boyfriend, Sarah the woman who truly was always there for her and my little Alison who is going to take her place once this is over no matter how hard it is going to be to fill it.

She looks way much better thanks to the effect of the Signefrex that I am pretty sure is the same one causing this lucid moment. The same machine that let them retire the tube that drained the liquid from her lung and take away a big part of the yellow color stealing her skin. The same one letting her breathe on her own right now and the same one that helped her heart to regain strength. It hurts knowing what would happen when the effect is over. I guess the good thing from this is that we all know this is a temporary moment so we know what to expect later.

The door opens when I stand in front of it and all the eyes turn to stare at me immediately.

"Can you give us a moment?" says Madison and all of them nod standing up.

Sarah is the first one that tells her goodbye, giving her a big hug and telling her how much she loves her before getting out of the room crying. Levy is the next one and gives her a strong hug before saying something to her ear. When he leaves, her eyes are full of tears. Then is Dylan's turn who gives her a very intense kiss on her lips that makes me look away.

"Mommy that is disgusting," says Alison with a grimace on her face.

"Come here Alison," Madison calls for her and she runs jumping onto the bed making us all close the eyes for the pain that the movement of the bed must have caused to Madison.