ONE

I sit in the airport terminal with Shannon and our two considerably large suitcases each next to us, nervous yet excited. I'm such an emotional wreck.

I continuously check my phone for the time whilst tapping my left foot against the hard, tiled floor. Shannon keeps looking at me as if to say "stop fucking doing that".

I put my headphones in, pressing 'play' on my phone. 'Night with you' by MØ begins to play as I swipe the volume all the way up.

Before I know it, as I'm looking around me, I see a brunette girl coming towards me, lugging two suitcases behind her. I squint to make sure it's her. It is!

"EMILY!" I shout as she comes towards me, picking up her pace. Shannon's head shoots up to look in that direction. I rip my headphones out and we run towards her, gripping her tightly as we hug eachother.

"It's happening girl!" I speak as we release each-other from our hold. Emily (still a little shy), smiles & nods her head.

We wait together, looking on our phones at our new home. It's so exciting! A fresh start with our best friends!

Steph & Jamie both appear from around the corner, suitcases in hand. We all run together and group hug before pulling away like before.

"This is so weird like this is such a big step!" Jamie says, holding her hands up against her face.

"Girl, we'll be fine! It's gonna be amazing here!" Steph replies. She's always been the mumma bear in the group.

We all sit down on the hard, malleable chairs and catch up (not that we need to...we talk everyday!).

"So it's just Bianca we're waiting for? What time is her flight scheduled to land?" Emily questions.

"It should have already landed, a couple of minutes ago." Steph answers, looking at the shimmering, silver watch attached to her wrist.

"She must just be getting he-" I speak before I stop in my tracks by the sight of Bianca, strutting towards us.

"Woooohh!" We all scream.

"Biancaaaaa!"

We all shoot out of our seats and group hug once more.

"Okay, I've ordered us an Uber which should be here shortly. Of course we're all getting in the same one. We can't have anything going wrong before we even get to our house!" Steph chirps, happy as anything!

"Oh jesus, Mumma Steph is coming out again!" I play as I wink at the girls.

We all pick up our suitcases which feel like they weigh about 10 tone each and walk towards the exit of the airport.

We all halt outside the airport and just take a minute to process what we have done. This is such a big step to have taken so quickly. Only moments later Steph gets a text to say that the Uber is waiting in the unloading bay. Illegal...but convenient!

We one by one haul our suitcases into the back of the car, the driver slamming it shut behind us. We all hop into the 6-seater car and set off on our way to our new home.

As we pull up on the side of the road, we all step out of the car one after another.

"Yo...this shit is gorgeous." I stammer as I look up at our new home.

"Cleo...I couldn't have said it better myself." Bianca says immediately afterwards.

We all crowd around the doorway as Steph pulls the key out of her pocket and puts it into the lock. One turn of the key and two clicking sounds to go with it and we are in. We all pile into the house.