o n e

You got that Princess Complex,
She ain't gonna play that shit,
Princess Complex, she ain't gonna play that shit
Princess Complex, she always gets what she wants.
She always get what she wants.

"Sweetie hurry up." My mother called from the living room. I said nothing as I looked around my now empty room. I grumbled underneath my breath as I dragged the two heavy suitcases downstairs. We were moving to America, it was currently 5:13AM in England. I didn't want to move, and I sure as fucking hell didn't know WHY we were moving.

Something about, change being good for the body? I don't know, and I do not care. I didn't want to move, my life was in England, not America.

"Domenica! If you don't get your pathetic ass downstairs I swear to God I'll-" I cut her off by shouting, "What are you gonna do mum? Slap me? Kick me? Insult me? Sorry mother but that shit doesn't work on me no more. A* for trying though!" I said sarcastically. It was quiet as I dragged my suitcases downstairs.

"Cars waiting for us outside." She said, not moving an inch. I pursed my lips and nodded quietly. I ran back upstairs to grab my backpack, my headphones, my phone, and my sketchbook & diary. I sighed as I glanced around the room once again.

Whoops, bad of me. Hi, I'm Domenica Romero and I am moving to America for some fucked up reason. I'm 18. I'm in my last year of Sixth Form, but since we've moved in September it means I'll start in America a few weeks in. I'll be a senior is it? Not sure. My dad is somewhere in the world and my mother is with me. I skidaddled downstairs, looking once again back at my old room.

'Move the fuck on you idiot are you going to stand here the whole day? Fucking hell.' The voice in my head thundered. I kissed my teeth and ran downstairs, nearly falling flat on my face in the process. The house was empty. I had not many friends here but I had already bid my farewell to my friends that I had. My bestfriend though, she was crying and all, and I'm not good with criers. My bestfriend since birth, Xenia. We were polar opposites, that's why we were best friends.

She is loud and bubbly, I am quiet and calm.
She is extremely sociable, whereas I am anti-social.
She's 5'0 whereas I am 5'10.
She wears bright colours, whereas I wear dark colours.
She has a boyfriend, whereas I don't believe in love.
She has a warm heart, I had a cold heart.
She loves, I don't.

And we balanced each other out well.

As if on que, I heard her battle cry as I winced.

"OH MY DOM. I AM GOING TO MISS YOU SO MUCH. Anyways, stay updated on Snapchat, and also snap me all those sexy American boys. Also don't forget, if you get a new bestfriend I will fly over and skin you alive, don't forget to call me everyday, we also face time everyday. Also, please don't forget me, also don't forget that you're fucking beautiful with a great heart, and that I absolutely adore you. Also, please don't punch anyone straight away." She started out so loud, then ended softly, with eyes full of tears. She flung herself onto me as I stumbled back. For such a short girl, she was damn well strong. I snorted at her last sentence, quietly.

"I'd never forget you Xenia. And you know that." I said softly, kissing the top of her head. She was a few months younger than me, and also felt like a younger sister. I had an older brother, he was 27 but was abroad and was studying somewhere. We had a tight bond, we were there for each other when no one was there for us. I loved the death out of my brother and Xenia, no one else, actually I lied there is a few more people, but you'll meet them later.

Anyways I'm rambling.

I pulled away from the hug and smiled at her, complimenting her in my head because this girl don't need an ego boost.

"Gotta go. Mum will tear my head off if I stay any longer." She nodded and pulled something out of her pocket.

"I bought you this. You wear it everywhere and take it off only in the shower or else I'll fuck you up." She said, opening a small purple box.

It had two bracelets with best on one side and friend on the other. I felt tears build up but I pushed them back as I glanced down at her. I smiled softly, took best out and wrapped it around her wrist, as she did the same for me.

"Love you X." I mumbled as she smiled brightly replying, "I know you do Don Dom. I love you too." She said side hugging me. We finally pulled away as I got into the car. It was going to be a long ride. The driver started the car as we slowly started setting off, but not without Xenia waiting and waving until the car was out of sight.

I didn't do well with change. And moving to America was change. Maybe if we moved to another town in England, I wouldn't be so...so angry. But we're moving to a whole different country, and I wasn't informed about it until around 2 weeks ago. My mother expected me to drop everything and pack my bags up and dash. It was so silly of her, and I hate her for it.

She glanced back at me as I put in my headphones and opened up Spotify. I put on 'Princess Complex' by Blackbear. I hummed along to the beat, drumming my fingers against my thigh. I soon landed in a world of misery, as slumber over took me. I couldn't sleep normally, but overthinking about the whole moving situation made me tired.

I couldn't help but feel like bad things would happen there, and I always go with my gut feeling.

As soon as we land, I'm looking for a gym.

I told my mum to wake me up once we reach the airport, and she did.

***TIME SKIP***

I was woken up just as we reached Heathrow Airport in London. I sighed and pulled my bags out, and my headphones out as we waited for our plane tickets. After a good hour, we got our plane tickets when I spotted a shady looking man staring right at me. I tilted my head in confusion, and ignored it. I didn't really care. I smirked at him, pulling up my jumper sleeves. I had tattoos all over both my arms, one on my neck and a few on my leg and thigh. I had a rose on one hand, the back of my hand, and the mouth down of a skull on the other. Where the skull was, on my fingers I had cold, each letter on each finger excluding my thumb. I was always fascinated by tattoos, and got my first one at 15. I've built them up over the years.

We boarded the plane, and set off on a 8 hour flight, something like that. I sat next to a little girl, who was staring at my hands intently as I gripped the side bar of the seat. I closed my eyes, and took deep breaths in and out. I always had mad anxiety on planes, my mother was sitting far from me, and it wasn't like she;d do anything to help me either.

The little girl put her hand over mine, squeezing it. My eyes instantly flew open as I looked at her wearily.

"My brother told me when people get nervous it's good to hold their hands. Sorry for holding your hand without asking you Miss. My brother has anz-ity too." She said softly, giving me a soft toothy grin. I chuckled in my head at her mispronunciation, wondering what it was like if I had a younger sister like her. I smiled softly, and blew out a breath.

"Your brother is a cool kid." I replied, turning my hand over so she could hold it properly.

We were a few hours into the flight, and she didn't leave my hand, even though she had fell asleep. I felt myself drifting off into a deep slumber, and I let it overtake me and my train of thoughts for a few hours.

I would wake up when we landed in America.

💛
Edited Chapter.