One Last Prayer

I watched the green light dance on my hand lighting up the room. It had been a few days from Scotts last visit and worry began to set in but like any other day I was certain that he would appear and tell me about the mission he had been on, hold me like he would to his daughter when he didn't want to leave but knew he had to. Sad, I know, but he is the only thing that I'm fighting for, it's almost too easy to give up here but I hang of his promise every time before leaving that he will get me out of here. Out of this hell I've been living for so long now.

A sudden bang on the door pulled me from my thoughts, the green ember disappearing instantly. Once again I was taken into the grand hall forced down onto the piano bench, chains bounding my hands together were put in place and the cold object pressed against the back of my head.The same song, over and over again, echoed through the hall that was almost empty minus the people watching-more like forcing- me to practice. I took a deep breath in an attempt to steady my hands before beginning the piece for the third time. I eyes fixed on the keys, refusing to look down at my legs to press the pedals underneath. I wore the same clothes everyday, a tight shirt and pants, what everyone was given in this place. But underneath is what differentiated me from the rest, they were trained to be assassins filled with a serum created to enhance their abilities, however no one knew about my abilities other than Scott and their serum didn't take to my body but they thought I already knew too much about what they were doing to everyone. It took them a while to figure out what to do to me and in the end Aleksandr was the one to suggest I be kept here and it wasn't until the next day I figured out why he wanted me to stay. Since then I have been thrown about, humiliated in more ways than one, beaten, scared and lost my voice for what I thought was forever until Scott came along. 

By the coldness of the room it is most likely winter and early in the morning seeing as no one was awake. Still I was made to repeat the piece until he was satisfied. My already unsteady hands were shaking even more due to the freezing temperature causing me to make slight mistakes in the tempo.

"Stop!" Aleksandr shouted, his voice amplified with the echoes of the room. "Are you that pathetic that you let yourself be bothered by a little drop in the temperature?" He questioned while shoving the object further into the back of my head. I felt it move slightly and he appeared next to me with a worn filthy jumper. He pulled me up from the bench, shoving my front against the side of the piano and brought my hands up in front of me to undo the chains. The harsh metal clanking as they are dropped on the piano. I grimaced at the loud sound so early in the morning and also at the damage it would do to the piano. I looked down at my wrists to see faint bruises forming in the form of chains, almost blending in to the rest of my arms. He pressed himself against my back and leaned down to my height, his face next to my ear. "We have 4 more days until the ceremony and you choose now to piss me off and mess up your practice time?" He grabbed a fistful of my hair and pulled it back, the unexpected force caused my to grip onto the piano to keep me stable. Grabbing both of my hands he began forcing the jumper onto me, I bit my lip and shut my eyes tightly at the painful feeling of the rough fabric against the few fresh cuts along my upper arms. Once the jumper was on properly Aleksandr retied my hands together with the chains and pushed his boot against my ankle causing my to spread my legs to the minimum length he was content with and kept himself pressed against me. I stared forward and prayed in my head, I've never been religious but I am quickly meeting my end of optimism and I know there is only so much more I can endure. I felt my stomach lean on the piano top and his hand heavy on my back, my hands clenched together causing the chains to tighten slightly.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a figure approaching from the corridor, with what looked to be a weapon in the shape of a bow. I kept praying in my head and blocked the feeling of Aleksandr's body against mine while he muttered things under his breath about what he'll do. The figure crept closer and brought his hand up to his face, clearly speaking to someone but almost inaudible. I took a deep breath to try to remain calm and soon enough someone tackled Aleksandr from behind and pinned him to the ground, sirens were going off throughout the Academy and red lights flooded the corridors. I remained as still as possible leaning on the piano, watching from the corner of my eye as Aleksandr stared at me "Do not move." He spoke in Russian before quickly placing something into him mouth which soon caused him to being seizing and foaming at the mouth and then..nothing. He stopped and was still. I clenched my fits slightly again and rested my forehead against the piano top.

"We've got a girl, looks late 20's in here. Last perpetrator is down same as the rest of them and most girls too far gone." I heard the man behind me say, he must be talking to the same person the other one was. The man with the bow made his way towards me and gently placed his hands on mine to undo the chains. I flinched slightly but allowed him, slowly looking up at my hands. "Alright, lets get back. The target is captured and is being taken back to base and the other agents are cleaning the place out." The man behind me sighed and stood up, walking next to me. "It's alright ma'am, we are going to get you out of here. I'm Steve Rogers, this is Clint Barton." He gently said...both of the names sounded familiar but I couldn't remember where from. Clint finished untying the chains and dropped them on the floor, carefully holding me up and began quickly walking away. Steve followed behind, placing a shied onto his back and kept looking around to make sure there were no more guards. I glanced backwards at the hall one last time before Clint brought me up a set of stairs, keeping me close to him, heading towards the door I guess was the exit.