Dreams

A/N: Hello, Hi, Welcome back. I truly apologise for being gone so long, I have had such a busy time and am now in the middle of my final exams. Due to this I probably won't post again for a while (shocker) but I will be writing more for this story. I was debating bringing Loki into this story...I am just curious to see where it would lead. Anyway, I am putting this note first as a trigger warning, I refuse to type up everything that is going on but I will go into some detail about her sexual assault. I mean no harm and disrespect to anyone who has gone through this, I by no means have any experience with the troubles and long term affects people go through after sexual assault, I am merely going off of some research and my own personal troubles with an assault that happened when I was 13. I know this is a really long note but I felt it was not only needed but necessary to state both the warning and reason.

My entire body felt numb, the feeling of pain long gone and replaced with a constant tingling feeling. The heavy weight on top of me immediately brought me to my senses. I was back there. My breath quickened as I felt large, cold hands wrap around my arms, holding them together despite them already being handcuffed to the railing. The squeaking of the rusting metal frames carried around the empty room I knew as my own. His laboured breath crawled down my neck, sending chills down my spine, his face inches away from my skin.

I struggled slightly as I felt his grip on my arms tighten, practically cutting off any blood to my hands. I whimpered quietly and bit my bottom lip to silence myself, any noise would result in harsher ways. All I had to do was obey and stay still, thats it. Relentless words fell out of his mouth through grunts, penetrating my skin like shards of glass, embedding themselves deeper with each word that followed. I trained myself to block them out but it was physically impossible not to hear each and every word that spewed out from his revolting mouth, not to let them play on my mind during the many, many hours I was awake for.

He drew himself back, from the hunched position he was in before and towered over my laying body yet again. He removed one hand from my arm and took a firm grasp of my neck. Squeezing it enough to be sure bruises would remain and and I would feel the unconscious bliss creeping closer to engulf me in its thick dark blanket. Then quickly letting go, teasing me to think there would be an 'easy' way out of this. There never was. But this time was different, he kept his hand wrapped tightly around my neck with such pressure it would crack like porcelain and leaned down to me. "You can never escape HYDRA, You can never escape me." His deep Russian voice echoed around my mind as I was giving a weak attempt to try to breath and scream.

My eyes shot open as I gasped for air, bolting up from where I lay. Hands were places on my shoulders and I frantically tried to breath, my eyes welling up with tears. "Its ok, just breath. You are in your bedroom, safe in my tower." A voice said firmly but with softness to calm me down. "F.R.I.D.A.Y wake Lang up and tell him to come to Flower's room immediately." Tony said.

I looked up at him as he gently rubbed my back and slowly gained control over my breathing. Panting was heard along with padding of bare feet along the floor and soon after Scott burst though the door, breathing heavily as he leaned down placing his hands on his knees for support. "Man, I regret falling asleep on Thor's sofa." He said through breaths, trying to lighten the mood. It wasn't until he finally looked up at my tangled in my bed sheets, body glistening from sweat and my hair glued to my face that his smile dropped. He made his was to the other side of my bed where Tony wasn't sat and brought me into a hug. I winced quietly at his bear hug and he loosened his arms, dropping them to his sides and he looked at me. "What happened, are you alright?" He rushed out and glanced at me once more before looking at Tony. "What the hell happened?"

"She had a nightmare, little thing wouldn't wake up from it." Tony replied softly. The had already guess what had me in such a state. I heard a quiet sigh of pity from Scott as he gently brushed some of my sweat coated hair from my face. "Oh sweetheart." He mumbled as his dad side took over. "I am here now, He's gone, you hear me? You are safe, I won't let anything harm you. I promise." Scott said, his eyes glued to mine as they were still shining with unshed tears. I nodded faintly at him and took a deep breath. My lungs ached and my body hurt.

The three of us stayed in silence as I slowly calmed down. Scott stood up from the bed and turned on the shower. It was only now that Tony noticed that I was in a shirt, my bandages that once concealed my cuts and scars under my jumpers was no longer there, leaving the sweat and soft glow of the sun to highlight each of them. I watched his eyes scan over my arms and what little of my chest was showing, I knew he meant no harm, curiosity is what first showed in his face but swiftly changed to pain.

I withdrew my eyes from him and turned to Scott who was placing a towel beside the sink. "I will make some breakfast while you have a shower, the rest of earths mightiest avengers should be waking up soon. F.R.I.D.A.Y play some music for her shower." Tony said and he gave me a gentle side hug and stood from my bed.

"Yes sir." F.R.I.D.A.Y replied, her Irish voice softer than usual. As soon as she finished speaking, music began to quietly play bringing a faint smile onto my face as I looked around. Tony watched me in amusement then walked out presumably to make breakfast. I climbed stiffly out of bed and walked into the bathroom, Scott stepping out to give me privacy but reassured me he will be outside.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I dried my hair with the towel after I finished getting dressed into another pair of leggings and a thick olive green jumper. My hair fell just above my waist, and due to it's dampness was a dirty blonde shade. Once it dried fully it returned to it's butterscotch colour and was in light waves, I tucked a bit of it behind my ear and stepped out of the bathroom and as promised, Scott was lay on my bed waiting. "Ready for breakfast?" He questioned as he walked to the door. I simply nodded and followed behind him, the scent of pancakes and fruit filled my nose as a smile crept onto my face.

"Just in time, Bon Appetit." He made a wide gesture to the stacks of pancakes he has made with various fruits and sauces around them. You could see how proud he was of himself and he grinned widely. I sat between Scott and Tony as we ate our pancakes, talking before the others arrived.