A Time Without Scott

A/N: Hello my beautiful people. Sorry for the long absence, a lot was going on and I felt so drained from everything that a lot of hobbies and things got pushed aside. I'm not entirely sure where I wanted this story to go, especially after being away from it for so long. I wrote this chapter just before I got drowned in heaps of work and life issues so I may as well publish it now I'm here again.Just a warning I haven't re read it so any issues will be left in, apologies.

I ran a hand through my hair as I finished eating my pancakes. "I have to leave today, Cassie's birthday is if a few days and I have to be there for her. I'm sorry I have to leave you so soon again, but I cant risk taking you away from the Avengers safety and HYDRA coming back." Scott sighed quietly and placed his fork down. 

I simply nodded slightly and smiled "Wish her a happy birthday from me. You will be coming back here at some point, wont you?" I turned my bar stool to face him properly, my back to Tony.

"Of course I will be coming back, hey maybe I could bring Cassie at some point. She has been wanting to meet you since I started telling her storied about finding you." I laughed quietly and nodded through glistening eyes, pulling him into a quick hug then sitting back on the stool. I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me jump slightly  as I turned to face Tony slightly.

"While he's gone I'll make sure you are fine flower, I will take Scott's place and stay with you." Tony gently squeezed my shoulder in comfort and ruffled my hair slightly. A small smile crept onto my face as I flattened my hair and turned to Scott who was checking his watch.

"Well, I better be off to get there in time. I promise I'll be back soon. Goodbye Stark." Scott gave a two finger salute and made his way to the elevator. I clenched my fist slightly in debate then ran over to him, pulling him into a bear hug. 

"See you soon Scott." He tightly held me until the elevator doors opened with a ding. He slowly stepped in and we both stared at each other. He pulled a face just before the elevator door closed which made me laugh and shake my head slightly. I made my way back to Tony and sat back down with a sigh. He just wrapped an arm around my shoulders and sipped his coffee.

"He will be back before you know it. In the meantime, what would you like to do?" He asked before putting our plates into the sink. 

"I'm not too sure. I mean I'd like to see what it is that goes on around here, I have just kind of been thrown into this place and now Scott is gone...I have you." I smiled as Tony nodded in thought. 

"That, my friend, is very true. Other than names and some abilities you don't know much about anyone." He turned back to me and leaned against the counter. "Hey, hows about we head to my lab, I bet Bruce would be in there, and you can look around and all that. Maybe we could discuss some of your powers and talk about...Pietro." I agreed and stood up, following behind him as we made our was down to the lab.

My eyes were wandering everywhere in awe as we entered the lab. There was so many things scattered on tables all looking quiet alien to what I'm use to. Bruce was sat at a table, glasses balancing on his nose as he switched between working on the piece of machinery in front of him and the transparent screen which displayed countless diagrams and paragraphs of writing in tiny font. It appeared he was fixing the thing in his hands, well more like trying to fix it as he dropped it onto his desk with a sigh. "This is why I tell them not to fight." He groaned.

Tony chuckled and made his way to his desk, which looked much more chaotic than Banner's. "Angry Bird and Cap's pet at it again?" He asked and Bruce looked over his shoulder at Tony with a slight nod. He noticed me and turned in his chair.

"Good morning Ela." He greeted with a smile as I sat on top of the side of Tony's desk, where there was a bit of clear space. "Any reason you brought her down? Not saying I don't want you here, just it's not that interesting of a place to be when you are inside of the tower." Bruce quickly corrected himself which made a small laugh escape my lips.

 "We were bored and I thought while we are here we could have a look into her powers a bit, see what she has to offer. Wanda is wanting her brother back now that there's hope, but I'm curious." Tony stated. He sat down onto his chair and wheeled himself so he was opposite me. "So." He started as Bruce made his way over to us, equally as curious. "Other than bring back dead Russian brothers, what else do you know that you can do?" I stared at my hands, which were partly covered with the end of my sleeves of my jumper out of both habit and nerves. "We only want to know and help you flower, we won't hurt you." Tony reminded as he watched my actions.

"I-I'm not entirely sure." I began, coughing slightly as if to clear my throat and allow my voice to come through louder. "From the little 'training' I had with Scott, I guess my powers are mainly elemental." I air quoted and forced myself out of my usual habits, bringing my eyes up to meet theirs.

"Elaborate." Tony said as he picked up a packet of berries, sitting back into his chair. Bruce perched himself on the side of the table behind him.

"Er... I once controlled fire and then Scott went to throw water onto my hand, which I mostly stopped in the shape of a sphere, or bubble, but a few drops fell on the fire and that really hurt. I created a large crack in the ground when I was angry and went to throw my arms up in the air, but pieces of the ground flew up with them and hit both Scott and I. He found that very amusing. And I could communicate and see the dead which resulted in me bringing back one of Scott's ant...I think he called him Antony." I furrowed my eyebrows in thought as the name. 

"So you definitely are an elemental then." Tony confirmed as he threw a handful of berries into his mouth before placing the packet down. 

"Do you mind if we run a few tests...just simple ones like blood tests." Bruce asked with a soft voice, guessing that from my experience with HYDRA I would be hesitant to be tested on again. "They won't take too long." I looked at Tony who was looking hopeful I would agree so I simply shrugged my shoulders.

"I guess." I said. Tony smiled and gestured for me to lay on a table that was to the side of the lab room. I followed and hesitantly lay down, my hands shaking slightly as memories flooded through my mind. I felt a hand squeeze mine as I heard a few footsteps enter the room.

"I promise it won't be bad." Tony whispered and looked at the two people what had entered. "Ah, what bring you two to here?" It was Steve and Bucky