thirty; real life

Rox took a deep breath before fixing her hair in the mirror. Today was the first performance that they were going to have since her and ex-boyfriend broke up. Ironically they were at the Celebrity Awards where they met at. Now she was going to sing about him. Zoe came up to her and put her arm around her shoulder looking in the mirror with her.

"Ya ready? We are on in ten," she told her making her nerves spike. Why was she nervous? She has performed a thousand times, but this one was different. She swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Let's go!"

Her voice was cheery but the other three girls could hear the nervousness in her voice. Like they told her earlier, he probably wasn't even here! Rox wasn't paying attention to where she was walking when she bumped into someone. She went to apologize but froze when she saw Sebastian Stan standing there with the Marvel cast behind him just as frozen as her.

Lexi grabbed Rox's shoulder as the stage manager came over to them. "You're on. Let's go!" he yelled at them before forcing them on stage and the Marvel cast in their seats. Which were right in front of the stage.

Rox stood in the middle of the stage before lifting the microphone to her lips. She ignored the burning gaze of her ex as the song started and she focused on remembering the lyrics. "This is a shout out to my ex. Heard he in love with some other chick. Yeah yeah, that hurt me, I'll admit. Forget that boy, I'm over it. I hope she gettin' better sex. Hope she ain't fakin' it like I did, babe. Took four long years to call it quits. Forget that boy, I'm over it," she sung waving her hand at the end of her verse making everyone 'oooh' considering they knew who she was singing about.

Lexi swung her arm over Rox's shoulder to ease some of her tension as she began the pre-chorus. "Guess I should say thank you. For the "hate yous" and the tattoos. Oh baby, I'm cool by the way. Ain't sure I loved you anyway. Go 'head, babe, I'mma live my life, my life, yeah," she sung before the four of them walked to the edge of the stage together.

They grinned singing the chorus. "Shout out to my ex, you're really quite the man. You made my heart break and that made me who I am. Here's to my ex, hey, look at me now. Well, I, I'm all the way up. I swear you'll never bring me down. Shout out to my ex, you're really quite the man. You made my heart break and that made me who I am. Here's to my ex, hey, look at me now. Well, I'm, I'm all the way up. I swear you'll never, you'll never bring me down," they sung as the crowd started to cheer louder. They were sooo killing it. The only one who wasn't amused was Sebastian, but he knew he deserved it.

Zoe flipped her hair staying at the edge of the stage as everyone moved to different spots. "Oh, I deleted all your pics. Then blocked your number from my phone. Yeah yeah, you took all you could get. But you ain't getting this love no more. 'Cause now I'm living so legit. Even though you broke my heart in two, baby. But I snapped right back, I'm so brand new, baby. Boy, read my lips, I'm over you, over you, uh," she sung before twirling around and sassily walking back to the middle of the stage as Mac took over the song for the pre-chorus touching the hands of their fans as she did so.

"Guess I should say thank you. For the "hate yous" and the tattoos. Oh baby, I'm cool by the way. Ain't sure I loved you anyway. Go 'head, babe, I'mma live my life, my life, yeah," she sung before all of the came back together and danced around the stage. The girls were doing what they loved and no one could stop that.

"Shout out to my ex, you're really quite the man. You made my heart break and that made me who I am. Here's to my ex, hey, look at me now. Well, I'm, I'm all the way up. I swear you'll never, you'll never bring me down. Shout out to my ex, you're really quite the man. You made my heart break and that made me who I am. Here's to my ex, hey, look at me now. Well, I'm, I'm all the way up. I swear you'll never, you'll never bring me down. You'll never bring me down. You'll never bring me down, yeah," they sung as the song slowed down and Rox sung a solo.

"Shout out to my ex, you're really quite the man. You made my heart break and that made me who I am. Here's to my ex, hey, look at me now. Well, I'm all the way up. I swear you'll never, you'll never bring me down," she sung tilting back as she drug out the down as the others started the chorus once more before Zoe finished it.

"Yeah, oh, oh na na. You'll never bring me down."

They struck a pose before the stage went black. They ran to the back squealing and dancing around before going back to their seats. The rest of the night went by fast. They one best new pop award and Sebastian Stan wad erased from Rox's mind.

Until the next day of course.

this is chapter two of 'shoutout to my ex'