The Villainess Leaves

7-18-18 A/N:: Guess who's back??? Me. Anyway, sorry for the one/two month gap. I was really struggling with the second chapter because of how monotonous it was. It was really, really boring and I didn't want a million chapters on life in the eastern wing when most of them would be like that and only a bit of it was important. So I typed up about ten rough drafts before taking a frustrated break. And then I got really into knitting. And when my knitting fixation ended I still had to deal with writers block. So, I pulled up my big boy pants and finally made an god forsaken outline, then the inspiration came to me in the form of three words: fuck chronological order. And then I fixed the outline and typed this baby up. Still horrible because I'm a terrible writer but oh well. It's your eyes.

Oh yeah, If you find any mistakes please comment!

********

The sky is pitch black but cloudless, letting moonlight freely stream through the open window and illuminate the bedroom I've decided to sleep in for the past year. There's just enough light trickling in where I only have a little trouble seeing everything in my pack.

A Year.

I've been living in the east wing for almost a year, and now I'm about to leave.

Floorboards nearly scream as I quickly pass over them, scared that if I stayed too long in one spot my foot would go through the old wood. Everything was coated in an inch or two of dust and had that old scent too it, a mix of frozen time and history.

"Well, this doesn't look like too terrible place to spend the rest of my life," I mumble, glancing around what seems to be a living room, white sheets covering every piece of furniture.

The ceiling wasn't as high as the rest of the Cloverfield mansion, but it was still impressive, nearing nine feet tall.

'Ahh, now if only I could get over my fear of this place being haunted, that'd be great... especiallysincemylastlifehadapoltergeist Welp! Nothing like spending nights in fear of something grabbing me! Don't forget magic, letting every fear possibly justified!' My laugh resounds through the large room.

Ah, this is gonna be hell to clean.

A faint smile pulls on my lips. The memory passes as I attempt to shove another shirt in there, struggling to close the bag as is.

After a minute of fighting with my overstuffed backpack, I sling it over my jacket-clad-shoulders with little difficulty, the crammed item pressing oddly into my back.

I try to shake off my lingering discomfort and let out a weary sigh.

Alrighty then, time to go.

Moving towards the open window, I grab the dagger on the bed in passing and loop it to my belt. My hands grip the windowsill as I swing my leg over, maneuvering myself over the waist high barrier.

Leather boots touch down on grass, a soft crunch adding to the night ambience.

My hands shake as I peer back into the dark room, my first home in this strange world.

Strange, dangerous and unknown world. I tried to do as must research as possible when I first found out about that, but...

"Will it be enough...?"

My head drops on the dining room table letting out a solid thump.

Ow, ok, that was a lot more painful than I though it was going to be.