The Villainess Gets Beaten Up

A/n 7-30-18::: So I don't speak a lick of French but I found that song and really liked the feel of it. The music, the beat, the emotion. I thought it suited the MC.

Wattpad is being Wattpad so the next chapter will just have the other picture I wanted to post. I tried to put it at the end but it wouldn't load 눈_눈 눈_눈 눈_눈
******************

My stomach lets out a low grumble and I make a mental note to stop and take a break soon.

Soon. Maybe a little farther though...

My stomach promptly Says that I can go fuck myself and Why must you do this?

Luckily, seven years of taking the language in school, I'm fluent in stomach-ese and can properly ignore it with the right amount of pettiness.

My ragged breathing and soft footfalls fall into an odd rhythm, breath going from rapid panting to long breaths and back again while the balls of my feet push me forward at a steady pace.

It was pleasant outside, if not oddly quiet. The air still had a chill to it that felt refreshing in my lungs and my sweat-coated skin.

Tall trees sat to the right of the road like a looming wall and an expanse of chest high wild grass swayed lazily to my left in a faint breeze. Both separated by a several meter wide "highway."

The sky was a soft orange gradient, the sun rising behind me casting long shadows on the ground and dying everything in warm tones.

I ran along thoughtlessly, simply enjoying the view and simple beauty I didn't take advantage of in my past life.

It's hard to take a few seconds to look up when I'm always looking down at my phone, whether it's texting someone back, emailing a co-worker, or following the GPS...

I should spend time cloud watching.

A few minutes go by like this until a thought breaks the harmony.

I think we might just have to throw out your entire name...

I let out a quiet grunt.

What are you even talking about?

Your new name.

Every single variation of Kendra we came up with is ugly as hell. And we've been on this since we left. That's an entire day of just coming up with names.

Yeah. I know. Ken and Kenny and every single anagram I came up with that sounded like shit.

Gravel and dust are kicked up as I slow to a brisk walk, my limbs aching.

Ok, but what if we added Rena to the mashup? Like..... Kara?

Feminine name. We need masculine names.

Err-- uh.... Raiden?

Oh, actually that.... That's a mortal kombat character.