003.

tae and namjoon sat by the pond perched on a comfy blanket, watching a family of ducks glide with ease through the tranquil waters. the setting sun reached out with its elongated limbs, glazing the world in a golden hue. namjoon and tae's skin radiated with sunkissed warmth, their eyelashes and chocolate brown eyes shimmering. the gentle breeze felt nice and cool, and they loved the peace and quiet when no one else was around. they were enjoying time together before dinner, already dressed in their pajamas.

tae had gotten into public school, much to no one's surprise, apparently because he was "a unique and charming young man". he loved school so much, perhaps even more than being at the foster home. his teacher was nice and he learned so many fun things. he especially looked forward to play time and lunch time, where he would always find namjoon waiting for him. he enjoyed every minute he spent with his new friend, and admired the older boy with every fiber of his being.

tae awkwardly cleared his throat. namjoon glanced at him, eyebrows perked in curiosity.

"joonie...am i your friend?" tae asked him hesitantly, even though he expected namjoon to say yes. surely he would? there was no reason for them NOT to be friends.

namjoon shook his head, and tae's face immediately fell. "no, taetae, you're my BEST friend," namjoon declared, and booped tae's little nose with a laugh.

tae pouted a little, but couldn't hold back his smile.

"you should've seen your face, hehe, you're so adorable," namjoon giggled, ruffling tae's hair.

tae leaned on namjoon's shoulder, and marveled at the unfathomably large sky, painted in hues of pink and purple. the world looked so beautiful to tae from his spot in the garden, and sharing his special space with namjoon made him appreciate the world even more. it was moments like these that tae thought about what he had, the life he led. was there anything more out there? was he being the best person he could be? he had endless questions for the universe, and wanted to know what it had in store for him.

"are you happy with your life? what's on your mind, taehyungie?" namjoon asked, reaching for his backpack and pulling out his portable CD player and earbuds.

"do you ever think about your parents?"

namjoon nodded. "of course, i think about my parents all the time. i just wanna know who they are, but i'm not sad about it or anything. it's okay if i never meet them, as long as they're happy. hopefully they loved me and didn't give me up because they didn't want me."

that put tae's mind at ease, knowing that he wasn't the only one who pondered about his parents. life was too complicated and absolutely flustering, especially at such a young age. but tae was curious, always reaching out for more. occasionally, his mind wandered to his parents, and he always felt an uncomfortable fluttering in his chest. he didn't exactly know what made him curious about them. but life was just fine without them. that must mean something.

tae and joon laid down, and joon started their CD. the disc was filled with their favorite tunes, influenced greatly by miss cheol. to some, they sang along. to others, they let the melodies and lovely lyrics soothe their minds.

tae closed his eyes, breathing in all that was good in the world. locks of namjoon's soft hair fluttered across his forehead, tae's head still leaning on his shoulder. he enjoyed the comforting warmth that emanated from namjoon. he loved the soft feel of his pajamas, the way the sun lightly warmed his face and his tiny, wriggly toes through his socks. the world was so kind to him, and tae felt so thankful.

simple moments such as these gave tae contentment. to him, the little things made life special and memorable. the serene paradise he shared with namjoon was enough to make his heart full.