~Whatever It Takes~

Warning: Describes images that may be disturbing to certain audiences. Edited to be less gruesome.

I mean its childbirth, its natural but theres no shame in skipping this chapter.

*Play Song*

"Get Teony on the phone!" Aaron demands.

"Yes sir, one moment...." The line transfers to a familiar voice. "Aaron?"

"Teony thank Irene, Aphmau's gone into labor!" Aaron exclaims, Aphmau puffing in the background.

"Oh shit....." Teony mutters the startling words which were not intended for the Ultima to hear, but of course he did.

"What do you mean 'oh shit'.....TEONY!"

"We got a bit of a situation here Aaron......your father has put the whole vault on lockdown...."

Sound familiar? Okay you are all gonna call me lazy but it won't be exactly the same as YMM.

*
The hand holding the phone to his ear begins to shake substantially, eyeing Aphmau in the birthing tub.

He shakes his head, his breath shallow. "Goddamit Teony I'm not a doctor, you gotta be able to send someone up......"

"Your father refuses to revert the lockdown procedure, or relinquish control as long as there are Raiders in the building..."

"DID YOU..." Aaron lowers his voice, trying not to alarm his wife. "...tell him that his grandchild is being born....."

Teony sighs into the phone, worry in her voice. "Yes....he says the Raiders are looking for you....and the baby..."

Aaron looks to the ceiling, replicating her sigh. "Talk me through it...."

"Well, this may be comforting....it's just like catching a football..."

Aaron shows a slight grin. "I've never been good at football....."

They both share a nervous, very short-lived laugh.

*

"Aaron....I'm scared..." Aphmau whimpers, clutching the sides of the tub, hurt displayed across her face.

Aaron sets the towels down outside the tub. "I know Aph....Ultima births are usually really quick.....no drugs though...."

"Okay..." Teony says through speakerphone. "Stay in the tub until you are fully dilated, but then sadly you need to get out of the tub when you begin pushing......"

"10 centimeters, okay....now we just wait..."

A loud series of booms echo in their ears, Aaron gulping down any possible sorrow.

"We are not.....naming him Axel....." Aphmau states, tilting her head back.

"Not even Alex?"

"It doesn't speak to me....ow contraction..." Aphmau manages a slight wince as she breathed heavily, gripping Aaron's hand tightly.

*
Aaron sets Aphmau down on the spread towels on the floor, Aphmau moaning in agony.

"I'm sorry Aph....but you gotta start pushing..."

".....why....why did I ever take that fucking offer...." Aphmau groans, pressing her chin to her chest as she pushed, screaming.

"Aaron, take me off speaker phone....." Teony asks, Aaron doing as he is bid. "Unlike other pregnancies, once the baby's head is out, he will start to fight, and that's when its really gonna hurt...."

Aphmau screams once more, leaning on her palms as she pushed once more.

"The baby is crowning......" Aaron whispers, his eyes not leaving his wife.

"Get ready...."

Another boom rings out.

Aaron retrieves the phone from his ear and places it on the ground, approaching his wife. "Aphmau...this is gonna hurt..."

Aphmau laughs, a strained, weak laugh. "Really? No shit....."

"No....what happens next....will really hurt...."

Aphmau pants heavily, Derek's words rushing through her head once more as she nodded slowly.

Aaron readies himself, cringing as he heard Aphmau's cries rise to a hypersonic level.

Her screams ring out loudly, surely to grab any nearby Raider's attention.

But hers stop as someone else's cry rings out.

It was almost just as loud, but it induced more happiness in the new parents.

Aaron does as Teony says concerning stuff like the placenta and umbilical cord before he proceeds to clean the baby's face with a cloth, wrapping the little thing in a fluffy blue blanket as the new Ultima cried out.

Aaron cradles his son with joy on his face, bringing the boy over to place him in his mother's arm.

"Hey, baby...." Aphmau manages out, the color starting to return to her face, the widest smile she could muster across her face.

The baby wraps his miniscule hand around her finger, inspiring more joy.

"Albert...." Aaron says, Aphmau tilting her view to meet his.

"After my grandfather?"

"After your grandfather....."

"Albert Lycan....welcome to what's left of this world..."

Have a nice day my crystals!