[Chapter 2] Byeongkwan

[universal pov]

As you start walking back you start to feel quite sleepy. You suddenly see a little boy hopping by that looks rather peculiar. You blink a fews times to make sure you saw it right. Something about him seems intriguing. So you follow him, until he disappears in the tree from before. As you follow him, you suddenly fall into a deep hole. All sorts of things around you flash by, memories, random objects, weird creatures. Until you land on a soft bed, ending up in a weird wonderland.
"This way to the Mad Hatter." The boy suddenly says and hops away.
"Wait. Where am I? I have to get back." The boy doesn't stop, so you decide to go after him. As you try to keep up with him you look around in amazement. So many unique plants and flowers, extraordinary creatures. All of a sudden you realise you don't see the boy anymore. You're lost and don't know where to go. When you hear someone sing, you decide to follow the womanly voice. As you push away some big leaves, you reveal a singing blue caterpillar. She stops singing when she sees you.
"And who might you be?" She asks a little haughtily.
"I'm Y/n," you say shyly. She seems a little scary.
"Nice to meet you, Y/n." She emphasises your name. "I'm Hyeim. So what brings you here?" She seems nicer than you thought.
"Actually I was following this little boy in blue, but I lost track of him and I don't where to go."
"So you're lost?" You nod. "Well, no need to worry. If you go that way, you'll find a crimson path. Follow it until you cross the yellow path. He'll pass by on that path."
"Thank you," you say excitedly, almost ready to run finding the little boy.
"But before you go, l have to ask you something."
"Oh, sure."
"Are you the Y/n? Like, our saviour Y/n?"
"I'm not sure I know what you're talking about."
"I thought so," she sighs.
"But why would you need a saviour?"
"For a long time now, our lives have been unsafe because of the Heart Queen. Although the Heart Queen is our Queen, it should've been the White Queen who rules. Every 100 years the Heart Queen releases the monstrous creation called 'The Wowdroid'. The first time it was released, it destroyed most of our houses and villages. There were many deaths. It's been 99 years since then. The next is in two days."
"Two days?!"
"Yes," she answers calmly. I have to get out of here as soon as possible, you think. "Legend tells that a Y/n will save us from the evil Heart Queen and kill the Wowdroid. But I guess you're not that Y/n."
"Who says that?" A tulip suddenly states. "For all you know she might be."
"She might be, yes. But she isn't now." You have no idea what Hyeim means by that, but you decide to sneak away while they're arguing.

***

Hyeim was right. Just when you get to the yellow path, you see the little boy hopping in the distance. He comes closer until he passes you. You once again start following him.