The Beginning

I wake up in the basement and tie up my red hair with a piece of string as I get up and put on my blanket and tie it up to cover my little body. I walk up the stairs with my bare feet and quietly make my aunt her breakfast, staying as quiet as possible. I then take the breakfast up another 2 flights of stairs to her room and stand on my tiptoes to put the tray on a table outside her door and then knock on her door. I look down at my feet as she opens the door and takes the tray into her room. "You will need to start your lessons soon in order to not bring any more dishonor to this family when you go to Hogwarts in a few years. And you better not cause any trouble while there that I might hear about. Do you understand Half-Breed?" I don't look up at her while she talks, she doesn't want my filthy eyes to gaze upon her 'Beauty'. "Yes Mistress Potter. I understand." I speak quietly but clearly so I don't get punished for being too loud or muttering. I am 8 years old as of last spring. She reminds me every year that I am a filthy Half-Breed, and I know that isn't my name because she had my name branded on my hip when I learned not to scream from pain. 'Genevieve Lilivan Potter, property of Margaret Potter'. It certainly burned and she wouldn't let me treat it for a while, so I had to figure out how to work without causing it to open and bleed. It now is just a scar, but it took some getting used to.
"Go back downstairs Half-Breed. You know when to make lunch." I nod and go downstairs to start cleaning quietly, making sure everything is in order. Once the downstairs is spotless, I go to the basement and sit in my corner and play with a stick I took from the garden. I wave it around like I saw someone do one time, "Avada Kedavra." I close my eyes and I imagine the green light and the mans body dropping. I imagine the man with the brown hair and blue eyes and the woman with the red hair and green eyes. I think of the boy with the green eyes and brown hair. The man looked like Mistress, and sometimes I dream about them. I open my eyes to see a dead bug as I hear Mistress calling for me and I hide the stick and rush up the stairs, catching a glimpse of the time and start shaking. I was daydreaming for too long and didn't make lunch on time. I hurry into the kitchen to start cooking but she is waiting for me and grabs my hair, pulling me to the back yard and throws me to the dirt. "What were you doing you filthy Half-Breed?! You didn't make my lunch, now you won't have lunch. Stay there until dinner time. And so help me, if you move from that spot you will not have the luxury of making my food for a week! Do you hear me?!" I quickly nod, "Yes Mistress."
She leaves me sitting in the dirt and walks back into the house, I just run my fingers against the ground. I'm glad my magic didn't react, she probably doesn't even know that I have much magic. Mistress doesn't use magic often but when she does, it is around guests. I'm not supposed to be seen or heard, so she makes them not notice me while I bring trays around with food and drinks. I think back to her stick and start doodling in the dirt with my finger, drawing her stick. She said she got it when she went to Hogwarts, and that I would get one when I went. I can't wait to have my own stick, other than the one from the garden. That one is hard to focus my magic through. Sitting here is really boring, and hot, so I look around to see if anything is near that I can play with. I find a snake and wave to it. It waves back with its tail and I giggle slightly. "Hello hatchling, what are you doing playing in the dirt?" I blink a few times and stare at the snake before responding in a whisper, "Mistress is punishing me, I was a bad hatchling."
The snake looks confused which is a funny face on a snake. We talk for a couple hours before the sky starts getting dark and I say goodbye to my friend. "Goodbye my serpent friend, I hope to see you again." The snake slithers up to my leg and hisses, "Wait hatchling, what is your name?" "I don't think it would translate, Mistress calls me filthy Half-Breed though my name is Genevieve Lilivan Potter. You can call me Lily if you like." "My name is Sage, I will see you next time you are in the garden Lily." Sage slithers away as the Mistress opens the door to see me still sitting there, she orders me inside to make her dinner and once dinner is over I do the dishes. I then walk to the basement after being allowed a small meal.
*Two Years Later*
I have my own room now since she started my 'Pureblood Training'. She wants me to know how to keep my room clean, how to make my bed, how to keep myself tidy, how to properly dress, how to be polite(mannerisms when talking to different levels of importance), and how to eat in front of people. I don't mind. It just means that I have to act around people, and it isn't all that hard to do any of them. She got a house elf when she started teaching me how to act, which means I have more free time. She allows me to go outside more often so I can be better prepared for Herbology and Potions. She also got the books I will need for first year so I can get a head start on my learning. I have learned most of the spell pronunciation and potions ingredients and uses. They were simple memorization. And since she doesn't pay much attention to me, I have practiced some of the spells with my garden wand. I have also been able to talk with Sage when in the garden. At least I have a friend in this big house I am forced to call my home.