Apologize?

Jennifer's P.O.V.

As I tell Harry that, his eyes go wide and he shakes his head. "No, you must be mistaken. Come on, we have to stop Tom before he hurts anyone else." He helps me stand up and I lean against him and look at Basil and Tom, Basil is looking like she wants to strike at him, but seems to hesitate. "What is wrong Basil? " She doesn't look at me but hisses, "He is not whole. I can not strike. I am glad you are awake and have told your brother the truth, young heir." I smile and take out my wand, pointing to Tom. "I wrote a song, a journal, I gave it to you. I told the story of when I was just a girl. I sought understanding. Clarity in truth by baring all the wounds inflicted in my youth. You said to stand up to my past, to give the pain a voice so that it too could pass. I felt brave and filled with pride as I let go of bitterness that wouldn't leave or let me grow."

I look to Harry, "And I will spend a lifetime trying to understand why someone sharing my bloodline would not lend me their hand." I look between the two and Tom takes a breath in. "Am I supposed to apologize?" Harry asks the same with confusion in his voice. "Am I supposed to apologize?" I shake my head and look back to Tom. "You know I loved her more than myself. But she made me choose between her and my father, and so I refused. I fled her house and wrath, eleven years of age. I followed the crooked path that led me to a stage." I reference to the chamber of secrets and Basil closing my eyes as I try to keep my eyes dry. "The curtains opened up, my heart followed the lead. The music wouldn't stop and I could finally breath. But I will spend a lifetime trying to understand why someone sharing my bloodline would not lend me their hand." I hold myself tight as I continue. "So, am I supposed to apologize?" I open my eyes and look at the two and I can almost see remorse in Tom's eyes for a second.

He shakily stands up and makes his way over. Harry pulls me behind him. "Genevieve, I'm sorry. I didn't.." He takes a breath and then looks down, offering Ginny's wand to Harry as a sign of truce. Harry takes the wand and puts it in his pocket. I look over Harry's shoulder and go to Tom, giving him a hug since he is partially solid. "Thank you, for being my friend when I needed one most. For that I will help you. Ad inceptum tuum librum. Fiat pax cum spiritu tuo donec te rursus excitare. (Return to your book. Let peace be with you until you wake again.)" Harry gives me a weird look as Tom glows slightly and smiles, whispering in my ear before he disappears. The book beside the statue glowing slightly. Ginny suddenly gasps as Harry verses his incantation on her. She sits up and looks at the two of us. I start feeling dizzy and stumble back into Harry. "Are you ok Jennifer?" "Yeah, just a bit dizzy Harry..that took a bit of magic." He holds me up and helps me walk over to Ginny, Basil is looking toward us with her protective lids covering her eyes. "How are you doing young heir? What did the Master say to you before he left? " I shake my head and smile to her. "I'll tell you later." Ginny's eyes widen and she backs up.

I raise my eyebrow toward her and walk toward her slowly from Harry's side. "I wonder what has the little lioness scared, Basil. Do I scare her? " I grin slightly. "Jennifer, stop. You are scaring her and you know it." I look back at him and pout. "Awe, you are ruining my fun Harry." He smiles lightly then goes and helps Ginny stand up. "Go rest Basil. I will be back soon to talk to you about what Tom said." She nods and then slithers to her nest. I pick up the book and can feel the warmth from Tom's soul, I smile and take the book with me as we go back to the bathroom. It is a pretty quiet trip to the bathroom. When we get to the doors, I close them so that no one else can wander upon them, stroking the snakes before leaving. Harry looks back at me and smiles slightly again. I smile back. Ginny hasn't said anything in a while, so we just walk with her out of the bathroom. "You two should go back to the Great Hall and get some food, it looks about lunch time. Goodbye Harry." Ginny nods and leaves as Harry comes over to me and gives me a hug. "Goodbye Little Sister." My eyes widen and I hug him back, trembling slightly.

I sniffle and he puts his hand to my head and holds me there. "It's ok, I've got you." We stand there for a few minutes before I back away and wipe my tears. "Can..can we walk to lunch together?" He smiles and nods, leading me to the Great Hall. When we get there, the hall goes quiet, seeing Harry and I walk in together. I wave to him and walk to the Slytherin table, instantly putting on my do-not-mess-with-me face. I sit in my normal spot and eat a little bit. The hall is still silent, so I look up and see a lot of people staring at me. "What?" Draco Malfoy comes over and motions to my clothes. "You look filthy. And you walked in with Potter. What are we supposed to think, especially since you have been missing for a few days?" I look down to my clothes and wave my wand silently, suddenly looking presentable. "What do you expect someone to look like after being trapped in the Chamber of Secrets for days?"

I hear a collective gasp from a majority of the school. "What? It's no big deal. By the way, the attacks should be officially stopped. You're welcome." I turn back to my food and continue eating. Then get up and walk over to the Gryffindor table, Ginny moving from beside Harry so I can sit between the two of them. Everyone is gawking at a first year Slytherin sitting beside Harry Potter. The same girl who walked in with The-Chosen-One. I look across the table and see that even the Weasel has stopped shoving his mouth full of food to look at me as if I'm insane. "Do you have a problem Weasel?" He looks ad at that and goes to say something, but Ginny gives him a look. "Don't say anything Ron. You have her to thank for saving my life." Huh, I never thought that Ginny would ever stick up for me.. I turn to her and smile slightly. Harry seems to smile really big at the interaction.

Harry puts an arm around my shoulder and pulls me against him, I smile slightly and blush, looking down. "You know that they probably think we are dating instead of that we are siblings." He looks down at me and shakes his head. "I don't care. They already have rumors going around. We are brother and sister, but they don't have to know that until later. All that matters is that we know the truth." I nod my head slightly in understanding. "It could come in handy later too. If people think you are dating someone, you won't have a lot of girls trying to drug you with love potions. Especially since I am the best at potions in my year, I will be able to tell if anything is drugged." He looks shocked for a second and then nods. "That would be rather helpful..maybe having a little sister around wouldn't be so bad." He smiles down at me and I smile back to him. During this time, everyone has been silently listening to the eerie hissing between us.

After lunch is over, we head to our classes. I go to each of my professors to gather my work before I actually go to class. Looks like I have a lot of work to do before tomorrow. Guess it is a good thing I'm a pretty smart kid. I head to Transfiguration and say hello to Professor McGonagall in her cat form and sit down at my normal seat. She nods her head in greeting. The day goes much the same as lunch did. Awkward stares and fearful looks. It makes me feel even more like a freak..maybe I shouldn't have said what I did at lunch. I'm walking through the halls, staying in the shadows as I walk to the Great Hall for dinner. "Maybe she was right..maybe I am just filth who doesn't deserve to be among all of these higher people. Maybe it would have been better off if I had stayed in the Chamber? Then I wouldn't have to deal with the stares." I sigh and turn around, heading toward the dungeons but end up running into a stronger body. "Sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." Arms wrap around me and hold me against them, I go to pull away but the scent makes me stop and I end up leaning into it.

We end up just standing there in the hallway for a few minutes. He pets my hair and smooths it out then pulls back and holds my shoulders. I avoid looking up at him, keeping my head down. "Come on, look at me. What's wrong?" I shake my head and keep my head down, leaning slightly toward him so I can have another hug. He doesn't allow it and holds me up right. I whimper slightly and he sighs, pulling me in for another hug. "Why wont you tell me? Did someone do something to you?" I shake my head and sigh. "Do I really have to have a reason for hugging my brother?" He shakes his head. "No. You don't need a reason to hug your brother, but I wish you would tell me what is indeed wrong. I heard what you were saying earlier, and you aren't any of those things." I don't respond and just hug him tighter. He picks me up and carries me into the Great Hall. "I am going to make sure you eat something before you go back to your dorms. You haven't eaten in the past few days except lunch today."

I nod slightly and he carries me to the Gryffindor table and makes a plate as I lean against him, sitting in his lap. I ignore the looks as Harry feeds me from his plate. There are whispers all around the Great Hall as he feeds me. All of the excitement today and the massive use of magic earlier today makes me really tired, so i fall asleep leaning against Harry's shoulder.