5. I'm Attracted to You

I'm Attracted to You

"Do you really hate me that much?" you demanded as you approached Sweet Pea outside. He was leaning against the brick wall of the bar, hands stuffed into his jean pockets and his signature scowl set on his lips.

He raised a brow at your accusation but made no attempt to confirm or deny.

Fangs words echoed in the back of your mind, but you refused to believe that Sweet Pea's apprehension towards you was simply an issue of attraction. "I'm sorry I embarrassed you when we played pool. I'm sorry you don't think I'm good enough to be a Serpent. I'm sorry that my father died and that I have no one else to turn to-"

"Shut up."

You stopped in your tracks, staring up at the tall Serpent. "Excuse me?"

"It's not any of that."

Pausing, you countered, "Then what is it?"

In the dim lighting of the street, the blush that dusted Sweet Pea's tan cheeks was nearly impossible to see. "I know Fangs told you."

Your teeth gnawed at your lower lip. "Told me what?"

A growl sounded in his throat at having to explain himself. "I'm attracted to you. You happy now? I wasn't mad that you beat me - it was hot. No one's ever beat me, especially not a pretty girl. I didn't want you to be a Serpent because you don't deserve a life of street fights and drag racing. I didn't want Toni or Betty to join either - because it's not a safe lifestyle. You could get hurt. And yeah... When I saw you dance tonight... It turned me on. I don't know where you learned how to do that, princess, but it was hot."

All verbal responses fled from your mind as you stared up at the leather-clad teen. Everything you had been told about him mingled with the words coming out of his mouth, and you took a step back, nearly losing your balance.

His gaze dropped to the gravel beneath him, his boots digging into the rocks and kicking them around. "You don't... You don't have to say anything. I'm not confessing my love or anything. I just... wanted to tell you that you're hot."

Feeling a surge of confidence, you stepped in front of him, placing your hands on his chest. Using your four-inch heels to your advantage, you lifted your head and captured his lips in a searing kiss. He responded immediately, warm, rough hands landing on your hips and squeezing your torso against his. A moan sounded in your throat before you could suppress it at the reminder that you were wearing nothing but lingerie and stilettos. Sweet Pea grinned into the kiss, his fingers digging into your lace-and-satin-clad hips.

You broke the kiss with a gasp, your head falling forward to rest on his chest. "I can't... We shouldn't..." Catching your breath, you looked up into his chocolate eyes. "You can't kiss me like that if you're not gonna follow through."

His lips split into a smug, toothy grin, and he pushed himself off the wall. Taking your hand, he led you to your car. "Gimme your keys."

You raised a brow. "Why?"

"Because there's no way I'm letting you on my bike dressed like that," he stated, nodding at your attire. "And you don't know the way to my trailer."

Biting your lip, you tossed him the lanyard that held your ring of keys, and as soon as he unlocked the car, you slid into the passenger seat. Your core tingled with anticipation as Sweet Pea sped towards his trailer, likely breaking every road law in Riverdale on the way.