Chapter Twentyone

Lea POV

"can you just please say something ?" I asked sitting down next to Riker on the sand, he complains that we never talk about things but when you do try to he either doesn't talk or his sarcastic and an asshole.

"I'm no saint and I'm not afraid to admit it but baby you ain't no angel either, I hurt you I know that and I am so so fucking sorry but there was a very fine fucking line and you crossed it. The fact is I had to find out through our 12 year old son, why do I always find things out about you through every other fucking person but never you ?" He asked.

Okay when I said say something I meant like hi or fuck you not a whole fucking mouth full, if that was a text it would be like opening a book and putting on reading glasses.

"Because I don't want to hurt you-"

"I'm gonna smash this bottle over your head if you keep talking bullshit, Lea I need the truth-"

"Fine ! I don't tell you things because I am terrified that you'll go out and do something stupid, I know that you bottle so many things up that it's like a time bomb and I don't want to set it off, I would rather not have you but have you around then have you and you never be around ever again, I never know what's going to set you off, you can go months being totally fine and then I'm getting a phone call saying you're in the hospital, you're unstable, Riker it's like you get possessed your eyes physically change color, your emotions take over your body and your mind and you're no longer in control which makes you mad but that's just like fighting fire with fire it'll only get hotter." I whispered.

He sighed and shook his head "what are we doing ? We're going around in circles, things aren't going to change, let's just call it quits before things get even more fucked." He said walking away from me.

There's a saying that I used to have as my lock screen when I was dating Liam and it said maybe it won't work out but maybe seeing if it does will be the best adventure ever. I still love him I think we just need to try getting over this, we fell in love as adults again maybe we can just fall right back into it.

"Riker wait, please." I said standing up, he sighed and stopped turning around as I walked up to him "what ? You've got a line of guys waiting to get in your pants-"

"But you're the only guy I want, I know sleeping with you and Scotty was stupid but when you broke down and cut your hand open, we were laughing and joking, not two minutes before you were asking me if I wanted to get a divorce, not 10 minutes later I was undressing you while you had a bloody hand and a concussion, when I kissed your hand and you traced my lips everything around me slowed down and for a long time I felt like there was nothing in the universe that could go wrong, the timing was a little off." I said making him laugh "you think ? And you weren't complaining."

"I know it's surprisingly weird how good you are even when you're hurt, can you have like bad sex just one time just so I know that it's physically possible for you to be human-"

"Our wedding night ?" He asked.

"That wasn't bad we just, I don't know it just felt like we were having sex because we were supposed to and not because we wanted too, like it was good it just wasn't our good, it was normal people good." I said.

"So we're not normal people ?" Riker asked shaking his head "you get excited if someone plays the pirates of the Caribbean theme, you can fall asleep standing up in the weirdest of places, you can sleep in positions that should really damage you, you did run down the stairs with a box on your head because I dared you to, you peed on Dad when he was sleeping-"

"I was 5 !"

"You used to water down ketchup and drink it !" I said making him nod, that's just disgusting, like that's pregnancy cravings weird but with the whole pregnancy thing you're not allowed to comment on it because we will kill you.