Chapter Forty

Lea POV

"Greg! Where's your Dad ?" I shouted walking in the bathroom, Riker said he was going to do some work on his laptop in the bedroom, two hours ago and his just disappeared.

"I don't know I don't have a tracker on him, that's your job, don't come in my room until I say you're allowed." Greg shouted slamming his door shut. I wasn't planning on it but I'm slightly worried, why aren't I allowed in there ? What's he hiding ?

Shaking my head I grabbed my tooth and screamed as Riker opened the shower curtain blowing an air horn making him laugh as he shook his head "I've been stood in here for two hours."

"You fucking dick." I laughed covering my heart. For Riker and me, him scaring me like that isn't really scary it's more shock, if Riker was to really scare me, he'd plan it out, he'd have little props, he'd make things and set it up, wait until I fall asleep then attack.

When we were teenagers, he had a scary movie and in it there was this creepy scratching sound, he recorded it and I decided to sleep in my own bed for that night, he hid the recorder under my bed, I wake up hearing that, he unplugged my bed light, I'm stuck on my bed scared, then all of the sudden my bedroom door opens, pitch black darkness and his stood in the fucking doorway with a mask on, I go to grab the baseball bat I have under my bed what happens ? He grabs my arm and slides out from under my bed. He used a stupid cut out he had, put a mask on it and tied a piece of string to the door handle so he could open it.

"I got that on video, you looked at me in the mirror before I pressed the horn." He laughed putting his phone and the air horn down and hugged me as Greg walked in swinging the dogs lead "I heard screaming, is Mom pregnant ?"

"No he scared me with a air horn." I said making him sigh "you didn't have a issue knocking her up after two weeks." Greg said glaring at Riker. Greg hasn't been himself all day, his been not mean towards Riker but his throwing some hard punches, we haven't figured out why because his been fine with me and everyone else, his just decided to be a little shit towards Riker today.

"Im working on it, go to bed it's late." Riker said holding his hand out, Greg sighed handing him the leads and hugged me, kissing me goodnight before walking out. Riker looked at me and shrugged "what did I do ? We had a really nice day yesterday and now his completely ignoring me unless it's to insult me in some way, I would say oh maybe his in a bad mood but his fine with you."

"I think with Lilou and seeing you with her has spiked his need for a baby sister and he probably just doesn't understand what's going on, as he said within the two weeks of us being here I got pregnant, he is like us we get an idea in our head and when it doesn't happen when we want it to we get angry and take it out on you." I said making him laugh as he put the dog leads down.

I am so happy for Sue and Lee, slightly more happy knowing Liam isn't the Dad, that really bothered Riker and I know for him just knowing that him and Liam share a niece really rubs him up the wrong way. Riker is a family man, he is insanely protective, he would kill someone if any of us ever got hurt, so knowing what Liam can do, knowing how twisted his mind is, Riker is, his ready to fight Liam again. But seeing Riker hold her and seeing the way he looked at her, it pulled on a few of my heart strings, you know to me I thought only you could look at your own children like that, it was a mix of emotions.

"Yeah thanks for that, but we've told him it's going to take a while and that's if it even happens." Riker sighed shrugging "it's either gonna work or it won't, we have no control."

"Well I've been thinking about it for a while and what if we could have a baby sooner ?" I asked.

"You said we could try before we use one of the boys." Riker said closing the bedroom door. When I say I've been thinking about it for a while I mean when Riker first had the problem with his count, I think before even Grayson was born, before he was even an idea. So I've had a long hard think about it and the idea came to me because of the situation but I've even thought about it when we knew I could get pregnant.

"Yeah I know but what if that baby wasn't biologically related to us ?" I asked making him laugh "we're not using a sperm donor, Lea we can make this happen I promise just give me a little time to see if I can incre-"

"Riker I'm talking about adopting a baby. We wouldn't love them any less and it's not a straight away decision I get that -"

"This is going to make me sound like a dick I know but I want my kids to be mine." Riker said, I laughed and took my hands off of his shoulders "what is it you always say ? Anyone can father a child but it takes a real man to be a Dad ? Since when did this family care about blood ? Does that mean Stormie and Mark aren't my Mom and Dad ? Rydel isn't my sister ? The boys aren't my brothers ? I called Stormie Mommy before I called my own Mom, Mommy, it wasn't until I moved to New York that I started calling them by their real names." I said shaking my head.

When Riker first met Greg, we had a conversation late at night and it was one of those 3am talks, we started talking about us and how maybe it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world, well Riker said that if we were he'd adopt Greg and if Greg wanted change his last name to Lynch. How is that any different ? He was willing to take a kid on then, he was willing to adopt him. Our family isn't made up of blood, I have four parents, I was born with four parents and I have 6 siblings, Stormie and Mark are my Mom and Dad, I call them Mama and Dad sometimes.

"With Greg it was different, Lea with him it was like I was looking at a picture of me as a kid that was alive-"

"So why would you adopt him but not a baby ?" I asked.

"Because of Liam, his name is on birth certificate which means I wouldn't have parental rights over him unless I adopted those even if he was my son, which would then make it messy because you're supposed to have the biological fathers name on there-"

"Your name is on the birth certificate, I printed off a fake birth certificate and wrote Liam's name on it so it wouldn't  piss him off so much, his just as stupid as you even though we hadn't had sex I played the hot tub card and he believed it-"

"So you're a liar ?" Riker asked.

"He stabbed and shot you in front of your children, his not missing a few screws his missing the whole fucking tool box, I was counting on the fact that Greg would end up looking like me instead I ended up bringing Riker 2.0 into the world. The older Greg got and the more he became you, the more pissed Liam got, the more he wanted to hurt you, he knows what his doing when it comes to you, he doesn't want to kill you, he wants to watch you go through pain and he won't stop until he sees you take that last breath-"

"Then I'll watch his first, his sticking around because he wants me dead, he wants a war, his got one coming his way." Riker said walking out of the bedroom.

Where is he going ?

"What are you doing you fucking idiot ?" I asked following him.

"I'm getting some smart water." He said showing me the Smart Water bottle from the fridge, I sighed and nodded "you fight him, then I'm taking the kids to New York-"

"The fuck you are, what do you suggest Lea ? We don't know when his going to do something, the sooner we get rid of the better for everyone, he broke into our house where our kids sleep, do what you want to me but as soon as you put my family at risk, that is crossing the line. Why can't you see that I'm trying to protect you and the kids ?" He asked shaking his head.

"Because all I see you lying in the drive way, trying to keep you awake and telling you not to say I love you, trying to stop you from bleeding, trying to keep Greg from seeing you, sitting in the hospital not knowing what was going on. He is dangerous you know this, I'm not going to lose you like that, not again. What would of happened if they couldn't start your heart again ? The last thing I would remember was us arguing and then me watching you bleed out, if you want to protect this family, you won't take a knife to a gun fight." I said making him sigh as he shrugged.

Do you think Riker would go after Liam if his family was at risk?

Should I make this the book or make a Prince Charming 6? Because I have two ideas for either this being the last book or for a 6th.