Chapter Twentynine

Lea POV

"Just gotta wait for the paint to dry and then I can start building things, looks good in here, I like the black and red walls." Riker said walking into Greg's room, I laughed and looking at him "the Black is chalkboard paint, so on this wall I'm gonna put all the vinyls up and then on the walls next to the windows I'm gonna use your old guitar cases and turn them into bookshelves and then he can have what ever he wants on the black walls."

"Should I just leave you to do the decorating ?" Riker asked laughing. To be honest I wouldn't even care if he just went go crazy with the house because we have pretty much the same taste in things so it wouldn't be like me having to go through the whole what if Riker doesn't like it ? What if this doesn't go with that ? I would very happily and easily decorate this house by myself, fuck off somewhere and leave me here for like a week or something and I'll be done.

"I was thinking you know how Moms and Dads are still having the kids tonight because the rooms are taking longer ?" I asked making Riker nod, because we're painting in the rooms the smell of paint is very strong, we both have two fans in the bedrooms and the windows wide open but the smell is still super strong and being in the room with that strong smell can send you really light headed, so the doors are gonna be wide open tonight, the dogs are gonna be in their cages for the night, just to try and air it out a little bit.

"Yeah.."

"What if we looked at different places for the couples retreat ?" I asked making him gasp "get a take out, open that really expensive wine we got for our wedding, chill out on the couches, put the record player on."

"I love it when you talk dirty." He laughed kissing me, I laughed and pulled away "I love how adorable you are."

"I love how incredibly sexy and talented you are and I'm getting dizzy." Riker laughed picking me up as he walked out of Greg's room, laughing I wrapped my arms around his neck and wrapped my legs around his waist hugging him "you two need to put something on the door handle." Sarah said walking in.

Riker sighed and put me down "obviously the lock isn't enough." I don't mind them having a key to the house, the rules are to be used in an emergency or if we're out and forgot something then we go into each other's houses but when they're constantly in and out it gets annoying.

"You're so funny, I need to borrow your car, specifically Lea's." Sarah said making me laughed "quick question before I hand my keys over, how did you get here ?" I asked.

"I drove." Sarah said.

"In who's car ?"

"Mine, what's with the 20 fucking questions ?" Sarah said reaching for my keys, I laughed and shook my head "you drive over to my house, in your car to ask if you can borrow my car ? What's wrong with yours ?"

"Its bigger, why is your car so big ?" Sarah asked, let me see she has one kid to my four, that's three car seats, I've got a seven seater so I can fit all of us in one car, the seats fold down in the back, my car looks like a regular size, it looks pretty small but when you're inside it it's actually a lot bigger, Riker prefers this car after writing my car off the road, it wasn't his fault. He borrowed my car and picked up I think Ryland and he said he felt really sick so Ryland said I'll drive, they pulled over and changed seats just as Ryland pulled out someone came speeding down and slammed right into the middle of the car spinning it, the driver got knocked out, Riker got knocked out and Ryland was in and out of it.

"I have four kids, you have one, why do you need a bigger car ?" I asked handing her the keys, I'm not very trusting with my car but Sarah's never been in an accident, never damaged a car yet, there's always a first for everything it just better not be my car.

"I got Rocky a piano, he broke his well I say broke, he was drunk and tried walking in heels and fell onto the piano smashing it into the ground." Sarah laughed.

"Why not just fix up the piece of junk one Moms and Dads have ?" I asked, she looked at me and raised her eyebrow "Riker has it, how do you think he got those massive grazes on him ?"

I looked at Riker making him shake his head "I have no idea what she's on about."

"You were complaining at the wedding that your pants were rubbing against it making it sore." Sarah said as Riker glared at her, I rolled my eyes and pulled the hem of his shorts down gasping "Jesus, so that's just magically appeared ? That looks infected."

"Well he did get attacked by old wood, I'll go get the piano drop it off at home and then get my car back, you two have fun with the argument that is probably about to start, keep it safe and she's right that don't look too good." Sarah said messing up my hair as she walked out.

Riker groaned pushing my hand away "stop poking !"

"Riker I know that piano means a lot to us, the first piano that was ours, Pops surprised us with it, it was the first musical instrument you could say was yours and yes it has amazing memories but it's a piece of shit." I laughed, when I said to Sarah why not take it I meant use it for spares, or just get rid of it, Mom has been bugging Dad about 10 years now to get rid of it.

He sighed and grabbed my hand taking me into the studio he pulled the sheet off of the piano and smiled "I was gonna give it to Greg for his birthday but he came in here when I was fixing it, it's not the same wood but it's still the original keys and everything."

"I didn't know you knew how to build things that didn't come with instructions, I'm impressed." I smiled leaning against the brand new piano. For our 12th birthday Pops got Riker and I a piano and Riker got homeschooled whereas I had to go to school so I'd sprint home from school, throw my school bag on the couch and Riker would already be sat there waiting for me and we even had little cup holders because we'd sit there for so long, when we played it, it was like there was no one else in the room let alone the world.

"I watched a lot of YouTube videos and read a lot of google pages, Greg's getting into music and his 12th birthday is next weekend so I thought he'd get the same present we did, all those years ago, 17 years ago we got our first piano, fuck we're getting old." Riker laughed.

"Still 16 years at the moment we're not 29 just yet, I think his still gonna love it even if he already knows about it, we could tell him that because he knows about the piano we did his room." I said making Riker nod "good thinking, what are we gonna do for his birthday, he doesn't exactly have friends-"

"Yeah sending him to school doesn't sound so bad now does it ?" I asked, Greg finally had confidence and Riker took him out of school, with doing the homeschool, Greg isn't bothered by what he gets grade wise but he has this weird obsession with studying, it sounds like I'm complaining I'm not, Greg doesn't like to study from a book or the laptop, he won't study the questions instead he'll think of something and study it, he wondered why if something is heavy we sometimes lift it higher so instead of asking us or googling it, he decided to stand on the dining table and pick Gabe up by his ankles and hang him over the table and timed how long before his arms started to hurt.

In our hall way you have a doorway with no door that leads into the dining room and the wall that lines the hall way has a missing middle section that has photo frames on but you can still see into the dining room, I had just put Grayson down and was just walking by when I thought I saw my child stood on a table hanging my other child over death, I carried on walking and slowly walked backwards scaring the shit out of Greg when he saw me standing there.

Greg likes to study his own questions which is really good it he just needs a new way around it all.