Chapter One

"I am sorry," Kitten tells her boyfriend as she was trying to breakup with him. He looks up to her from his lunch and Kitten stared at his confused face.

"What?" He asks. Taking his napkin from the side of his plate and wiping his mouth. Kitten sighs, "we can't continue our relationship." His eyes her as Kitten sighs once more.

"Kitten, we just got back together yesterday. This has to be the shortest we've been together," he says and Kitten nods.

Pushing a lock of her behind her ear. "Exactly, we are toxic as hell and I can't do this anymore," Kitten explains.

There it was. The devil horns were growing as the fire sparks in his eyes. Kitten quickly begin to pack her as she threw money on the table.

"I'm sorry," she whispers as she gets out of her seat. Her boyfriend grabs her wrist, squeezing it to the point of bruising. Fear made her heart race as he slammed her into his chest.

"Sit the fuck back down and lets talk this out," her boyfriend growls softly in her ear. Kitten looked around to the oblivious eyes, hoping someone would catch hers. He forces her back into her seat as he took his.

"I am not letting you leave me, we just got back together after you was on petty shit," he seethed. Kitten looked at him with her mouth ajar.

"You beat me purple and blue and if it weren't for your best friends -" her boyfriend cuts her off as he dug his nails into her wrist as a waitress approaches the table.

"How was everything?" She asks as she places the bill on the table. This was Kitten's escape.

"Everything was delicious, thank you," her boyfriend assures. The girl smiles and turns away.

"Um, I know its not on the menu, but may I have the Puffer Poison?" Kitten asks.

"Of course, though it's a quick cold drink, so you will need to come inside," the waitress smiles wider as Kitten prys her wrist from her boyfriends nails. Her boyfriend sits at the table staring as they enter the restaurant.

"Call whoever you too," the waitress tells Kitten.

"Thank you so much," Kitten sniffles as she fishes her phone out of her purse. As the phone rings, Kitten presses it to her ear.

"It's not going well is it?" Greg asks as he answers the phone.

"Please come pick me up, I'm inside the restaurant," Kitten tells him.

"Well, I'm around the corner. Be there in a few," he says and hands up the phone as Kitten finds an empty booth. Her back to the door.

"Why did I think this was such a good idea?" Kitten asks herself as she wipes away her tears.

Four years of this relationship now going down the drain. Yet, only two years of abuse. Or was there abuse since the beginning? He always had a temper and was quite controlling in what she did. When she was getting into modeling, one of her shoots required her to be in her underwear. Her boyfriend fed her bad sushi, making the shoot impossible.

"Kitten, lets go," Greg's voice rings through her ears. Kitten pops her head up taking a look at the man.

Dressed in the same casual clothes from when he dropped her off. His eyes were black, popping away from his slightly sun tanned skin.

"Did you go home?" Kitten asks. Grabbing her purse and following him to the back of the restaurant.

"Of course not, I knew you would need me," Greg answers as they exit the restaurant and make their way to his car.

Greg opens the door for her and Kitten smiles softly at him as she steps inside. The door closed and Greg quickly got in on his side. They made his way to his home where Kitten has been staying for the past two months. Trying to heal her body and mind.

"Hey, I just want to tell you that I'm proud of you for actually dumping him on your own, so... I bought you a baker's dozen of cupcakes," Greg tells Kitten.

Kitten squeals as she jumps up and down in her seat.

"Thank you," she squeals as she jumps into the back and grabs the box.

Sitting down correctly with a pink box on her lap. Throwing the lid open, Kitten gasps at the sight of the 13 red velvet cupcakes. She smiles at greg softly.

"Thank you for remembering my favorite kind as well," she giggles.

Leaning over the armrest to kiss his cheek. Greg smiles at her before turning towards the road. Kitten then tried to stuff two cupcakes in her mouth simultaneously. Greg hands played a rhythm on the wheel shotting looks to Kitten. Trying to find out how he was going to ask this question.

"What are your plans now?" Greg asks Kitten who pauses. Swallowing the desert in her mouth, she sighs.

"Stay with you and Yohani, I guess... There's  literally no where else to go. My sister kicked me out when she found I was dating him and he was my only home and source of money," Kitten explains as she licked the Icing slowly off the cupcake.

Greg nods, "I forgot Zach made you so dependent on him that he made sure you couldn't get a job." Kitten looks to Greg weirdly with half a cupcake in her mouth.

"Who's Zach?" She asks Greg. He looks at her before realization crossed his face.

"Forgot, he made you call him 'Sir', 'Master', and - forgive me - 'Daddy' through your entire relationship. No surprise that you don't remember his name," Greg huffs.

Zach slapped Kitten every time she slipped up with his name. It angered Greg to the bone, but Kitten always assured him that she'd consent to the 'training'.

"Yeah, do you mind me staying with you guys?" Kitten asks and Greg chuckles. "You can stay permanently if you wished," Greg says and Kitten smiles at him.

"I would love too," she smiles as they park in front of the house. As they climb out of the car, Greg opens the door for Kitten as she pranced with her cupcakes.

Yohani came down the stairs in a hurry as she grabs Kitten face. Searching for any sign of a bruise.

"She's good, Yohani," Greg soothes her as he rubbed her shoulder.

Kissing her neck. Kitten looks away in embarrassment though. Too many times Greg has come to her rescue before Zach killed her. Or she at least thought he would kill her.

"But, we do have good news... Kitten is finally moving in," Greg announces and Yohan squeals, crushing Kitten in a hug.

"That's great, you and I should have a slumber party," Yohani suggests and Kitten nods happily. Excitement written on her face.

"I'm going to go pick out my pajamas," Kitten says. Setting her cupcakes on the counter, she takes off up the stairs.

Yohani turns to Greg with anticipation. Her eyes begging for him to answer the question she wanted to screech out.

"No," he sighs. The smile left her face and in replace a pout came along.

"Why?" She asks as Greg locks the door and made his way to the kitchen.

"She just got of a relationship, an abusive relationship. I just want to wait and make sure that she's ready," Greg clarifies.

Yohani huffs, crossing her arms.

"I understand... I just... I want her now!" Yohani stomps.

Greg's hand immediately wraps around her neck. Yohani stops with her tantrum and purrs softly.

"Be patient, baby girl,"he kisses her before letting Yohani go.