Caterina Somerhalder

-Ian´s POV-

the lady handed me a binder that i assume is full of the child's papers and stuff and placed two big north face bags down before she kissed the girl on her head and walked away leaving me with the child. 

i was still speechless before the child spoke up «daddy?» she had this little angel like voice. 

reechoing my free hand out for her i show her into the house before i grab her bags and set them down by the stairs. «hi angel, daddy is just in a little bit of shock. cause daddy didn’t know he where a daddy» stretching my arms down i lift the girl up in my arms holding her up by her bum. 

«so whats your name princess? i know its Caterina since thats what the lady said but did mommy call you that or did she use something shorter?» with her tiny hands she poked my cheeks «mommy say Cat. daddy say Cat too?» i kissed her forehead «yeah daddy can say cat too» 

taking the binder under my arm i carry Cat upstairs to the bedroom where nina is probably still hiding… what the hell am i going to tell her. 

walking into the room i see nina sitting on the bed on her phone waiting for me «Ian what took you so lo—« she looked up and saw Cat in my arms «who is that Ian» she sounded conduced and a hint mad. 

Cat not understanding anything wiggled herself out of my arms and crawled up on the bed sitting facing nina «Cat» she giggled pointing to herself and then she turned around pointing at me «daddy» and Nina´s eyes widen. «Ian what does she mean» nina said wile forcing a smile. i scratched my head «you know my ex girlfriend maggie?» she nodded «well she passed away like a week ago leaving Cat alone. so they did some DNA testing and it turns out I’m the father» nina froze «father?» i just nodded. 

Cat was still grinning from ear to ear and crawled onto Nina's lap so she was straddling her looking at her face probably trying to figure out who she was. out of instinct Nina wrapped her arms around Cats waist so she wouldn’t fall. curiosity was written all over the little 4year olds face when she started poking Nina´s face for some reason. i chuckled and walked up to the bed sitting down so i was facing Nina´s face and Cats back. 

«Cat its really late why don’t we all go to sleep and we can talk tomorrow okay? you can come with Daddy and Nina to work» she nodded rapidly, crawled over to my lap snuggling into my chest and surpassingly slipped into a deep sleep fast. i kissed her head lightly «she is so cute» she was wearing a pair of light pink shorts and a «Cat Valentine» t-shirt that girl with fiery red hair from nickelodeon all paired up with a pair of Uggs and her long blond hair up in a ponytail she looked so precious. i had also noticed earlier she had big blue eyes 

«Ian what are you going to do? you have a child.. i—i» Nina stuttered, she seemed scared to death by all this. «calm down Nina we can do this together.. how hard can it be» i kissed Cats head once more. 

Nina took a couple deep breaths before she stood up «i don’t know if i can Ian… I—I need to think… i need some time to think please… ill— ill see you on set tomorrow» a tear slipped down her face, and she walked out before i could say anything… 

_______________—

 pic of Cat on the side

twitter: Christinaasland 

instagram: thetvdgirl 

-xoxo Christina