Vocation #2: Priest

Vocation #2: Priest

Those who choose to be priests automatically set themselves up to be the main healer of any battle party they end up with. Priests have the ability to use lots of magic; they can cast spells that can reverse negative effects, heal, and even resurrect. However, they're among one of the least resilient when it comes to taking hits from the enemy.

Unfortunately (and rather ironically), because of the priest's tendency to take more damage, they're typically the first one to die in battle. Other members in the party with healing abilities — such as mintrels and mages — must try to heal the priest when needed to keep them alive. Should the priest be killed, another vocation with the ability to resurrect — again, mages and minstrels — can revive the them. Once alive, the priest will then heal themself.

Priests are able to use spears, wands, or staves for weapons. This is, of course, not counting any omnivocational abilities they might have earned. Priests are also able to use shields to help boost  their defense. As an added measure, they can also use armour to try and reduce the amount of injuries they sustain.

The priest's Coup-de-Grace is called Choir of Angels. Considering priests are the healers of the group, it seems fitting that their ultimate attack has healing properties. When their Coup-de-Grace is used, all members of the party have some of their health replentished. While it doesn't typically heal everyone completely, it gives the group a slight edge. This is especially useful in difficult battles, and whether or not the priest uses it could be the difference between life and death for the party.

Priests have the unique trait of faith, which increases their ability to do magic. It also increases the effectiveness of their spells as their skill increases. If a priest is skilled enough, their spells will almost never fail.

When a priest reaches their maximum potential, they earn the Lifesaving Medal. The Lifesaving Medal increases their magical mending abilities, allowing their spells to be more effective than ever before.