Vocation #5: Thief

Vocation #5: Thief

The vocational class of the thief falls in the middle ground of the class system. Their attacks and defensive capabilities fall into the average range, but some of their other skills make up for what they lack in pure strength.

Thieves are able to use a fairly wide range of weapons. They're capable of using swords, knives, claws, as well as being skilled in fisticuffs (bare hands). They don't typically use shields, though they will wear armour if they so choose. The only time thieves will go into battle with a shield is if they've achieved the omnivocational ability while they were in a shield-wielding class (warrior, minstrel, priest, etc).

Much like minstrels, thieves' attacks deal out damage that falls somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. They're not as strong as warriors or martial artists, but yet not as weak as magi or priests. Their ability to both deal out and weather damage falls somewhere in the middle of the spectrum.

The thief's Coup-de-Grace is "Itemized Kill," which guarantees a treasure drop when enemies are killed. Monsters will sometimes drop treasure chests containing various items, weapons, or armour pieces after being defeated. When a thief uses their Coup-de-Grace, it guarantees the enemy will drop a chest.

When they achieve their highest skill set possible, thieves receive the Honour Among Thieves award. This award increases the chance they'll successfully steal items from the enemy while also increasing their defence. It's something that comes in very handy if the group is looking to loot treasure.