Chapter 2

Magnus's POV

'Alex' as she told me her name was, had brought me to a pottery studio. Well, brought Is a loose term. We had came here, her leaning on me for support.

She reached into the pocket of her sweater tied around her waist, producing a key. "Uh..are we breaking in?" I asked, worried about the possible criminal activity I was about to engage in.

Alex rolled her eyes, turning her multi-coloured eyes to me"If we were breaking in I wouldn't have a key," She answered sliding her key into the lock, and twisting the door handle, "I'm friends with the owner. They get me to lock up sometimes," She entered the building, flicking on the light before turning back to glare at me.

I glanced behind Alex at a clock on the wall. Good. My mother wouldn't be home from work for a good hour. "Can I come in?" I asked hesitantly, not entirely sure why she was looking at me like I was an enemy.

"Do what you want, just don't touch anything," Alex finally said, turning and walking towards the opposite end of the studio.

I took a step inside and looked around. To my right, there were boxes filled with what looked like packages of clay, wrapped in air tight plastic. Near the back, there was a door leading to a back room beside what looked like a large oven. I shut the door, and looked over at Alex who was rummaging through a cupboard. She pulled out a first aid kit, and moved to sit down cross legged on the floor.

I walked closer to her and sat down, mimicking her pose a across from her. Alex eyed me warily, as she pulled disinfectant and cotton balls out of the first aid kit. She poured some disinfectant onto a cotton ball and started to dab at her palms with it, and winced when it stung.

I reached forward to help, "Do you want me to-"

"I'm fine!" She recoiled and swatted me off, "You shouldn't even be here.." She whispered, trailing off.

I backed up a few inches, "Do you have a place to go other than this? Your parents, did they, uh... kick you out?" I asked, knowing it sounded like I was prying.

I she froze and gave me the glare she was becoming famous for. I thought she was going to yell at me to get out, but instead she let out a dry laugh. "Good job Sherlock," she answered after she finished laughing, "Not yet they didn't, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened soon."

"Oh.." Was all I could add to the conversation. I felt like I wanted to give this girl a hug, just to be one thing to make her day better.

Alex was using a mirror from the inside of the kit to examine her swelling eye. She picked up her cotton ball and started to dab a cut above her eyebrow.

"Here let me," I reached forward for the cotton ball.

Alex inhaled like she was going to swat me away again. I was prepared for her to tell me to leave. My first year of high-school was starting in only a week, so I would make new friends and eventually forget about the bloody green haired girl I met. I was prepared to never see her again.

Suddenly her whole body seemed to relax. Her eyes fluttered closed as she handed me her cotton ball."Ok."

I'm so glad her eyes were closed so she couldn't see mine widen in shock.

~~~~~~

Anyways, this is my first time writing fanfiction, so please feel free to give me pointers!