7.

July 21, 2021 Bandzey-

July 21, 2021
Bandzey
-

"August. I have a daughter I am not going to any parties with y'all." I told him over the phone while finishing the meal I was preparing for Nina and I

"Who's party is it anyway?" I added

"Rome. I just told you that. Open ya' big ass ears."

"Fuck you. But, Rome's? Boy hell nah! That man is the definition of wild."

"It'll be fun. Stop always trying to be stuck up in the house and shit. Think of it as a going away for a month party. You ain't got loose in a minute and I appreciate you holding down Ron or whatever you said was the reason you wasn't dating or none of that, but Ron ain't coming back aight? So, live. Nina ain't stopping you from partying she gone be in good hands. Yo daddy watching all the kids cause he coming down here the day before the party."

"How the hell you know this but I don't?" I asked annoyed at this point he bringing up extra shit

"That's my nigga. Now, you coming or what? And, I don't care about ya' tude la' Bands."

"I'll think about it." I said rolling my eyes while tasting a bite of the Parmesan chicken pasta

Mm. A little more time to cook.

"I'll take that. I'll talk to you later sis. I got to go beat your cousin ass she ain't cooked me shit for dinner."

"Kay, bye." I said laughing

About 25 minutes later...

"Nina! Come eat baby!"

"Coming!"

I made both of our plates and then poured us some of my homemade strawberry lemonade that Nina really loves. I came out of the kitchen and we both took our seats at the dining room table.

"Can I pray mommy?"

"Can I pray mommy?"

"You sure can."

"Otay. Bow our head."

I bowed my head along with her smiling and she began to pray.

"God you great God you good. Thank you for making mommy make mad good. Amen."