Twenty-Eight

Baleigh's POV

Collin shifted back to his human self behind the mansion while Keira and I explained what happened since Trinity came to visit. Dr. Stone treated Nate's wound while we spoke. Dad and Evelyn checked to see if Jacob and Trinity were still in the house. They were gone. They must have left when the car pulled up.

"We need to get Nate to the pack hospital," Dr. Stone said. "The tools that are needed for this operation are back there."

"Will he be okay?" Keira asked.

"Of course." Dr. Stone sat up. "When have I ever gone wrong?"

Keira looked a little skeptical when he said that.

We hoped it the car with Evelyn driving and Dr. Stone in the back with Nate. Nate had shifted back and had a pair of old jeans that Evelyn brought. Dad was in the passenger seat and Keira was with Nate. She spoke softly to him, giving him words of comfort.

"Where's Tyler and Sydney?" I asked.

"Sydney is about two weeks from her due date and her doctor wanted her to rest. Tyler's been watching her all day. He won't leave her side."

"Over protective much."

Evelyn smiled. "That's how we wolves are. We're very protective of our mates. Kind of like some human couples. They would do anything for each other."

I signed. It seemed weird to be so over protective of someone. Makes them seem almost creepy to me.

I suddenly felt tired so I leaned my head to the side. I didn't realize I had rested my head in Collin's shoulder.

I shot up. "Oh! Sorry! I wasn't sure if you were okay with me-"

"It's fine!" Collin blurted. I closed my mouth and gave him an odd look. "Really?"

"Yeah," he said with a shrug. "It doesn't bother me. It doesn't even hurt."

"How do you know what my head feels like on your shoulder?" I asked suspiciously. I couldn't help but smile.

"Let's just say you fall asleep really fast when we're both up watching Hallmark movies."

I bit my lip with a smile. I leaned my head back on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I almost forgot Kato was in my lap when I felt him move around. He curled into a ball on my legs and was out like a light.

I got lost in my thoughts as I laid there. I thought about how lucky I was to get out of the horrible mansion alive. I replayed everything in my head from the time Nate and I broke inside the house up to finding Collin. Seeing him there made me feel a little better. I would have been more excited to see him if I didn't have the knife to my neck.

My thoughts suddenly drifted to the red-haired boy almost killing us. It shocked me to know that him and Trinity were a couple. Let alone mates. Trinity seemed more of a softer villain than he was. The boy looked more willing to get his hands dirty so he can get what he wants.

I was so close in falling asleep when Collin moved his shoulder. I flung my head up. Kato almost went flying across the car if he hadn't caught himself on the seat next to me. "What's going on!" I shouted.

"Woah!" Collin put his hands up in defense. "Sorry for startling you. I thought you fell asleep."

"I almost did," I said. I brushed some hair back behind my ear.

"Well, we're here."

I looked out the window. The Pack Mansion was right in front of us. It looked so much better than the other place.