Twenty-Nine

Baleigh's POV

After Nate was asleep in the infirmary, all fixed up and healthy, everyone headed to the dining room to recap what had happened.

We sat down and I started the conversation. "To start, Trinity and her mate are the bad guys. They kidnapped Collin and Nate."

Literally everyone except Collin hung their heads at my words.

"I'm so sorry, Baleigh," Kiera whispered. "I should've listened to you and Nate when you guys were trying to tell us how evil Trinity is. I thought Trinity was our friend; I trusted her."

I reached my hands across the table and took hers, "It's okay, I know you trusted her. This could've happened to anyone; that girl's very deceiving."

Kiera looked at me like I was crazy. "But it's not okay!" She wailed, "If we had listened to you, Nate wouldn't be in the infirmary, and you wouldn't have had a near death experience trying to save your mate!"

This time, I got up and walked to the other side of the table and threw my arms around her. She hugged me back, just as hard.

After a few moments, my father broke the silence. "This is all very touching," He said slowly, "But we need to know what they were doing with Nate and Collin."

I looked at my father for a second. I turned back to my seat and sat down. Collin reached for my hand under the table and squeezed it. I felt a lot better.

"I think I might have something that might help explain some things." Collin let go of my hand. He sat up and walked to the island. He picked up a file that I've never seen before. It looked dirty and a few of the corners were ripped.

Collin sat back in his seat and handed the file to me. "You might want to read it first."

I took the file from his hand. I laid it flat on the table and opened it up. Photos of my mom fell out. I almost lost it. I put my hand over my mouth to hold back my sob. I let tears fall down my face as I looked at each photo.

Every picture of my mom had her smiling wide. She looked so happy. I picked up a picture of her standing in front of Mount Rushmore. She looked about 22 in the photo. Standing next to her was an old man. He looked between 60-65. Something felt very familiar about him. I held up the picture close to my face and tried to figure out who the man was.

"Does anyone know who this guy is?" I asked. I turned the picture around so everyone could see.

Dr. Stone leaned over. He looked a little shocked. "That's my father, David Stone. He was your mother's English professor back when she went to college."

I looked at the photo again. "When was this taken?"

"It must be when they went on one of their field trips. I remember my father having this with him before he died. He said that he sent all of the photos of your mom to her family members when she graduated."

I looked up at Dr. Stone. "He died? When?"

"During the rouge attacks. He was one of the firsts to die." I could see pain in his eyes. It seemed as if everyone had died to the rouge attack.

"So why is this photo here?" Keira asked.

I looked back at the photo. I was wondering the same thing before Dr. Stone had made the room all sad and depressed. I looked at some more photos of my mom. Almost all of them were pictures of her in college.

I pulled each photo out of the file. I can across a piece of paper written in cursive. I read a few sentences to find out that it was my mother's will.

"Oh my gosh! It's her will!" I pulled it out of the file. Collin leaned over my shoulder.

"Wow! It is!" Collin leaned in closer. "And look! You're mentioned in it here."

Collin pointed at my name. It was at the bottom before my mom signed hers. It read:

I give my daughter, Baleigh Alice O' Conners, all of my fortune once she reaches the age of 18. Until then, the money shall be untouched until the time comes.

I stared at the will in shock. My mom left me her fortune? What fortune?

"Your mom left you money? Did you know about this?" Collin looked at me. I couldn't meet his eyes. I just stared at the will.

"I did know that your mother had received a huge chunk of mother after her father died," Dad said. We all turned out heads to him.

"You knew about this?" I asked him in shock.

"I knew about the money but I didn't know that she left the money to you."

Evelyn looked at him oddly. "How could you not know about this?"

Dad let out a sigh. "During the funeral, the pastor came to me and said that there was nothing left for me or Baleigh in the will. I thought it was odd because Isabelle had mentioned to me that she left something big for you." Dad put his hands on my head. "I shouldn't have been so stupid."

I felt bad for Dad. Half of his life had been taken away from him and he'll never remember any of it. I wanted to go give him a hug but someone knocked on the front door. Everyone's head turned.

"Who could that be?" Keira asked.

I shot out of my seat. I walked over to the door. Collin was right behind me. I turned around and looked at him. "What are you doing?" I demanded.

"You don't know who's at the door," he said.

"Neither do you," I responded. I turned back around and placed my hand on the door. I pulled it open.

Standing on the porch was the last person anyone wanted to see.

"Trinity?" Collin and I said at once.

She looked up at us in tears. "I need your help."

FINALLY! I had MAJOR writer's block for the longest time! I'm glad I finally got it done! Thanks for all the votes and comments! You guys are great.