Road to Gotham

I just made an account on archive of our own named DDDemosthenes1986 and I'm posting all my stories there so if you would like the revised and fixed versions of them you can go there.

Anyways, a user by the name of Thekotos gave me this prompt to write, so enjoy :)

WARNING:
This chapter contains suicide, violence, death, and inappropriate actions by a minor :( but it's not really that bad of actions though

Guys oml this update is so f-omg metal lol

——————

Damian stood rigid, back straight and nose turned up, looking as if he did not have a care in the world. Which could really be farther from the truth. A drop of sweat made its way slowly down his face and he deeply hoped no one had seen noticed it.

"Damian, my grandson, now that you have bested your mother in battle and have completed all of your recent studies, we will begin the last vital part of your training." The older man in front of him began, his bright green eyes looked seriously down at him.

This was really a momentous time in his life here at the league, mother had promised him once he had won against her in a duel he could finally meet his father or he should have. He discretely looked around noting that no one but them were in the room, if this was such an important moment why wasn't the rest of family here to celebrate.

He swallows as he realized his time here wasn't over, his dream of meeting his father being pushed back again.

His thoughts were pushed out of his head as a a knock sounded on the door. "Ahh that must be your new instructor." His grandfather stood and went to open the door, revealing a tall mysterious looking woman with her hair in a tight bun on top of her head and a pair of frozen ice blue eyes. Her cold eyes raked his form up and down before she scoffed and turned back to his grandfather. "This is is my... student?" She said, disgust clear in her Russian accented voice.

Ra's nodded and lead her further inside his office, both of them ignoring the child standing in front of them as they took seats around the desk. Ra's behind and the lady in one of the two seats in front of him.

As she sat down she looked around the room avoiding the boy's gaze. She raised her thin eyebrows and pursed her lip as Ra's said, "We will begin his training tomorrow at dawn. We would like him to have completed your... course in 4 weeks time. I hope you will be able to do this?" He looked at her in question and continued as she nodded, "Your room is being prepared as we speak, I have called you early to explain to the boy the manners of his new study."

She raised her eyebrow in an aristocratic way, "You mean to say that you have not told the boy of our agreement?"

She scoffed lightly as Ra's nodded. He stood up and said, "I'll lead you to your new room. Damian, come." Damian gritted his teeth at being commanded about like an obedient dog but he followed anyways.

They walked quietly down the long hallway with open windows that let the cool breeze of the Middle East flow through the narrow candle light passage.

They crept down many flights of stairs into the main rooming floor, which took Damian by great surprise. Only high level instructors, family of low status, and very important guests were given rooms on this level, it had some of the biggest rooms in his family's castle only below they're own family. Damian gave a curious glare at the rigid woman walking next to him.

They reached a suite situated at the end of one of the many corridors, they went in to find it dressed in a simple fashion, which surprised the small boy even further. Grandfather usually wanted to show-off to famous or important guests by furnishing their guest rooms in lavish fabrics and pieces. For him to dress this room in such... plain fabrics seemed to contradict the giant suite. The boy's eyes narrowed in thought, so an important guest however not important enough for expensive decor? Or maybe an important... prisoner?