Special Chapter: A Sacrifice to Save You Prt. 2

Colin had been wondering about where his friend was when he heard a knock on the door.

He had been thinking for quite a while about his him, they always met up on Wednesday, though Damian didn't like having his patrol shortened, he was a man of his word and showed up every Wednesday without fault.

Though yesterday he hadn't showed up, it had been Wednesday.

At first he was a little angry but then thought about all the other reasons he could've gone. Maybe he was sick and stayed at home, or had gotten grounded (even if he always complained about how he wasn't a child that could be punished so; he accepted it most times, too afraid of his father to disobey).

Colin had thought about him being dragged along on a business trip by his father, even if that was a dumb thought as Mr.Wayne usually never let Damian travel with him, always insisting on him focusing on his studies.

He scoffed at himself, one day without Damian and he was overthinking life itself. But one day became two, and two became three until a knock came on his door.

He leapt off his old bed, which gave a squeak in defiance and tried to fix his hair, thinking a Sister had come to tell him off for breaking curfew again, maybe Damian was really giving him some bad habits.

He opened his door and stopped in his track as he saw batgirl standing on the other side. He was shocked at first, Damian had told him about her but he had never actually talked to her, if you didn't count that one time she saluted him after dropping Damian off.

He stood frozen for a few seconds, went to say hi and he noticed her face. Her lips trembled and her nose was red, her black kevlar fists laid clenched at her side.

He felt his body go cold for a bit as his mind froze, trying to process the situation. He felt his face harden and he asked a simple, "Who?"

Stephanie looked away and took a deep breath.

He knew who, she knew he knew who. But he couldn't bear it, his heart couldn't take it. He needed to hear it himself, even if it hurt him farther.

"I'm sorry." She wavered off as her voice broke. She licked her lips and a whispered, "Damian," tumbled from her.

At that, he broke down, his knees buckling under him. He sobbed pathetically, tears and snot running down his face but he just couldn't bring himself to care.

It all made sense now, the lonely days, the gloom that seemed to incase in the town, the news of dead thugs in the streets increasing.

Batgirl fell on her knees with him and hugged him. She rocked him back and forth, putting her face in his red hair, he could feel his hair becoming wet with tears.

As she rocked him, he could hear her mutter, "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry."

He didn't know if she was telling him that or Damian but he hugged her just as hard. Even if he had lost a friend, she had lost a brother.

They laid there on the dirty floor of the orphanage, not as Batgirl and Abuse but as two children weeping for their it lost brother.

*************

I was still feeling kinda emo, so I wrote this :)

This is super short I know, don't kill me please, also it's a little bit rushed but I wanted to update soon, sorry :(

ALSO good news, I'm working on two new stories, idk when they'll be up but be on the look out for them ;)

Next update might be this week or next week, I'm not sure, it could be tomorrow for all I know