Chapter two.

Jai's POV,

Today was the day Nicole was moving back to Australia, moving to the house across the street. I can't believe this is happening. After nearly two years. She was coming home. I felt my lips form a smile, she's finally coming home.

"Sorry boys, you can't come along to the airport. We won't have enough seats." Mum said, she chucked the keys to their house at me, "Just make sure everything fine." "Okay mum, just don't embarrass us!" Luke said, "Sorry, I can't promise that.." She said, shutting the door behind her. Fuck.  

   Luke collapsed onto the couch, next to me, "I can't believe she's actually coming!" He squealed like a little girl. "Yeah..Finally." I agreed, nodding my head. Luke then decided to shove his face right up against mine. No homo. "You don't have any feelings for her, whatsoever, right?" I pushed him away and coughed violently. "Of course I dont! I still love Emma.."

Emma was my girlfriend for a year and a bit. Apparently after all we've been through, she thinks that things are not working out or that she doesn't want a relationship right now. Or some shit like that. All I know is that I still love her. But we haven't had a proper conversation since. Which sucks.

"Yeah, of course you do." Luke said, giving me a suspicous look, like i've eaten the last cookie or something. "Yeah, i'm serious, Luke." I said, starting to get fustrated. "Riiiiight." He trailed off. Fuck. I'm digging myself a bigger hole. I groaned and stood up and went to the pantry. "Alright, WHO ATE THE LAST FUCKING COOKIE?!" I yelled, clearly fustrated. "You did, faggot." Beau said, walking past. Oh right, I did. Damn, those were my pain relievers. I rubbed my temples, in a attempt to sooth the pain.

-

I looked in the mirror. Meh, I looked half decent. Except my my hair looked horrifing. I grabbed my grey beanie and put it on the top of my head. "Oi Jai, stop being vain and get your ass down here! Mum texted saying they're half an hour away!" He shouted down the hall. Thirty minutes.. I took a deep breath. Only thirty minutes. I walked to Nicole's soon to be house, to see Luke leaning against the wall, playing on his phone. Suddenly a song which fitted out situation, quite nicely, started playing out of his phone. I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it! We both broke into dance and sung our lungs out.

After our jam sesh, which surprisingly lasted twenty minutes, we recieved a text from mum saying that they just arrived at Glenroy. Me and Luke sat down on the front steps, waiting for her arrivial. I started getting really nervous. What if she doesn't remember me? What if she doesn't like me? What if she treats me differently? What if she thinks i've changed? ARRGH. I'm mentally shitting myself. I started fiddling my thumbs, what I always do when i'm nervous. Deep breaths. I tell myself, deep breaths.

Then I hear a car pull up the driveway. Luke automaically stands up. Holy crap. Here we go. I slowly look up and watched mum get out of the car first, then Mr Davis, who looks not a day over 40. Then a blonde girl, who I assume is Nicole's friend. Then I saw one foot step out, White Converse. Nice choice.

I held my breath as she stepped out and time slowed down. Omigawd. I felt myself stand up and felt my jaw drop and hit the ground, making a hole halfway to China. She's Stunning. Gorgeous. Beautiful. Pretty. Amazing. The light hit her sun-kissed skin beautifully. Her brown eyes sparkled in the sun. Her hair, was bright red. Odd. But suited her perfectly. Time went back to normal as Luke ran up to her, arms wide open. "Nickers!" He yelled. She returned the hug. I watched them as they hugged. This felt awfully familiar like the last time we saw eachother. Luke then moved out the way, So it was just Me and Nicole looking at eachother.

I blinked.

I walked up to her, "Hi." I managed to say. "Hi." She squeaked. "Welcome home." I smiled. She dropped her bag and the water bottle in her hand and wrapped her arms around my body and squished her face into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her neck and held her. She smelt like strawberries, and cream.. God how i've missed that smell. "I missed you so much." I whispered into her hair. "Mehh tjoo." She said, but i'm pretty sure she said, "Me too."

We stood there, hugging for what seemed like eternity. I'm just happy, she's home.